SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    "The final chapter"
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The final chapter" Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
With a $2,727.00 MSRP, I just don't see this being a big seller.

Posts: 475 | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rossman:

Top-tier units don't worry about the costs. If you have to ask, it's not for you Wink

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who thinks the Top Tier Operator on the picture looks like he just dropped a top tier load into a pair of tactical black "tighty whities". Probably just the angle.

Also the "Rattler!!!!! ????" Do these top tier units favor blue and red and tend to yell "COBRAAAAAA!!!! As they charge unto the breach?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rossman:

Real world prices will liekly be in the 1700 range

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Dumb. Just dumb.

It looked like the MCX was finally shaping up to be a pretty decent choice since they debugged the firing pin/trigger issues.

It sat in a unique market spot. Nicer than a basic DI AR15, gas piston with modular features, but not priced as high as a SCAR. It was lighter than a SCAR 16S as well, and offered a 300BO option which the SCAR did not. I was starting to consider one since a buddy has one that shoots really well.

All they had to do was continue to support it, address any reliability shortcomings that popped up, and start to offer better availability of spare parts, barrels in different lengths, and caliber conversion options.

But no, that would have made too much sense. Instead they killed the MCX, introduced the Virtus thing at a higher price, started some marketing program that would only apply to COD game players living in moms basement, and then released a 5.5" barreled version with no reasonable use in 5.56mm.

Ugh. Roll Eyes

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Top tier units. DID YOU NOT READ!!!! Smile Wink

Top men, TOP MEN, designed this for the top tier.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I dont know that the MCX is dead. They just released a new CQB version. Im not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure the Virtus/MCX are interchangeable.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Rattler is only offered in 300 Blackout not 556 at least according to the Sig website.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
interesting.. that's not the standard kate moss stock.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by depusm12:
The Rattler is only offered in 300 Blackout not 556 at least according to the Sig website.

James

300blk ships next week, 5.56 in November.

I'd suspect Sig is working out bugs in the 5.56 version and needs more time to correct it. Which if history is correct, they wont fix it, they'll just scrap it and make more videos of their new design leaving 300blk rattler owners sitting on their thumbs waiting for 5.56 kits.

Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the name "Rattler" isn't indicative of the gun's fit.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

300blk ships next week, 5.56 in November.

I'd suspect Sig is working out bugs in the 5.56 version and needs more time to correct it. Which if history is correct, they wont fix it, they'll just scrap it and make more videos of their new design leaving 300blk rattler owners sitting on their thumbs waiting for 5.56 kits.

Very likely the case.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HERITAGE
posted Hide Post
Leaving the obvious hype aside, can a 9" 300 Virtus barrel be added to a Ratter, of are the Rattler barrels and receivers specific to that model? I think the 556 loses too much out of a 5.5" barrel and thinking the 300 will be better off with a 9" to 11" barrel. I haven't had to use a forward assist yet on another rifle, so like the fact the Rattler dismisses it.

On a related note, where's the .40 & .357Sig conversions for the MPX Sig?

Posts: 328 | Location: MI | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post