SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Mason-Howe Rifle Room    H&K G36 .22 LR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
H&K G36 .22 LR Login/Join 
Member
Picture of pulicords
posted
I picked this H&K (actually made by Walther/Umarex) G36 .22 LR up when for use in a weekly indoor "Tactical Fun Shoot", that I enjoy competing in. A lot of the other shooters use .22 rimfires as they're a lot less expensive than the 9mm pistols or PCCs that are most common. I purchased a green dot Holosun optic using my CC points, found a cheek riser for the stock (that would otherwise be too low), added a Picatinny rail on the fore-end stock, used a vertical foregrip that I just had hanging around, and replaced the cheap (long) plastic muzzle device with a decent steel flash suppressor that fits better than the OEM.

Even with the somewhat heavy trigger (about 5lbs by my WAG), I managed to take first place in the first match I shot. I've put a couple hundred black/copper plated Winchester rounds through it and had ZERO malfunctions of any kind.

Looks like you can still score one of these at KYGunCo for about $350.00 with one 20 round magazine. Easily accurate enough for casual "tactical" competition and they provide plenty of fun/cool factor at a reasonable price.



"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
 
Posts: 10532 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I got one when they originally came out about 10 years ago under the Walther/Umarex branding. I’m pretty sure it’s the same one they sell now with the HK branding and still actually made by Umarex. I’ve seen them on sale periodically at PSA too. A fun plinker.
 
Posts: 4005 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Daily Deal today at PSA for only $299.00!!!

https://palmettostatearmory.co..._content=51655182890


"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
 
Posts: 10532 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I thought hard about buying one of these a few months ago. I also looked at the S&W 15-22 and the Tippmann M4 22 as well.In the end I went with the Tippmann. It’s an incredible gun. It eats through any bulk ammo I throw at it. It’s accurate as I am capable of being. I love it. I may still get the HK for my son as he enjoys shooting this round.
 
Posts: 240 | Location: Southeast Georgia  | Registered: February 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
https://g4gguns.com/product/g36-22lr-18-1-1-20-rd/?GD

Heckler & Koch G36 .22LR 18.1″ Rifle, 20-Round

Original price was: $399.99.
Now $269.99
 
Posts: 3511 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Mason-Howe Rifle Room    H&K G36 .22 LR

© SIGforum 2026