SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig Romeo 5 screw length
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Romeo 5 screw length Login/Join 
posted
Quick question for Romeo 5 users. Just got a used one with spacer in place. I removed the spacer and started to re install the base. The screws got pretty snug before I got very close to base install completion. The instructions do not mention a different set of screws. I understand this might be the first time the spacer has been removed so the threads may might just be tight but don’t want to strip threads. Anyone else experience this?
Thanks
Mike

Posts: 384 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be real careful you can cross thread the screws very easily on the Romeo 5

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea worried about stripping but are the supplied screws to Long for the spacer plate is the question. Does anyone know?

Posts: 384 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next trip to the shop I'll check.

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be super. Much appreciated
Mike

posted Hide Post
Mike sorry for being so slow! I just unscrewed a new Romeo 5 and the Torx screw had .180 thread length