SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    1967 Nylon 66 MB
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1967 Nylon 66 MB Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
I received this one in a recent trade. Seems to be in good condition with just light freckling on the receiver cover. Also some handling marks on the stock but overall pretty nice. I took it apart and cleaned all the crud from the action. Afterwards I took it out for a trial run. It will fire as fast as you can operate the trigger now. Amazing how much fun these guns are. Looks like a keeper.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2828 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I got one as a birthday gift from my Parents back in the early 60's. I was on the HS shooting team and brought the rifle to school every Friday for team practice, left it in my locker till after school.
I will never part with that gun.
Enjoy!

Posts: 4709 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Times have changed a bit haven't they! I've had several of them over the years. Completely disassembled the last one I had, not for the faint of heart. But it is doable. Big Grin

Posts: 2828 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
One of strangest rifles I think I've ever shot. It doesn't feel like most .22 rifles, it doesn't even sound the same.

Posts: 21418 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
One of strangest rifles I think I've ever shot. It doesn't feel like most .22 rifles, it doesn't even sound the same.

A lot of difference between this one and my very heavy Begara B14R. Both weight and how they are constructed. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I got one for my 6th birthday in 1981, my Grandpa got it used from a small shop for $89.00.My first gun and the only one I ever wish I still had. I couldn’t tell you how many squirrels I culled from our small Va. plot of land. It ran with every type of ammo and was a great firearm to start off with. The history of the weapon is quite interesting as well being one of the very first to largely incorporate plastic, most specifically DuPont’s Zytel. I have no doubt you will thoroughly enjoy it.

Posts: 34 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: April 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Purchased mine about 40 years ago at a Big 5 in El Cajon, CA. IIRC it was $99. Still in great shape. Need to get mine to the range.

Posts: 94 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post