SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Made a short video of my CMMG dedicated.22 pistol.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Made a short video of my CMMG dedicated.22 pistol. Login/Join 
posted
This is just raw video ( mistakes and all) of me running a new .22 build. It is a CMMG dedicated bolt with 4.5” barrel on a Aero Precision upper. I’m using a AAC Pilot suppressor which has been recored and made user serviceable. It is a sweet little setup.

https://youtu.be/mT0MlpBWcLY

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a nice setup. I'm planning on assembling a dedicated upper but haven't decided if I'll get the 4.5" or 9" barrel. Not sure which barrel length is the way to go.

“If the federal government is allowed to hold a monopoly on determining the extent of its own powers, we have no right to be surprised when it keeps discovering new ones.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 234 | Location: Katy, TX | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice work! I picked up a cmmg kit recently, and hope to get as good of results as you!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Always double tap that last plate! Seriously though, nice set up. You have some really cool things.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice.

What I like about this thread is the video of actual shooting. More often we see threads of "what should I buy". Or "here's what I just bought". With artsy pics, of course.

How about some pictures of how well it shoots? << crickets >>
How about showing it in action? << even the crickets are quiet >>

Even with your shorter barrel, the faster ammo is still supersonic -- and that's the higher noise level.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
How come the plates are green?

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice one Kenneth! With the upcoming new NFA law governing braces, will 22 lr pistols be exempt or will every firearm equipped with one fall under that ruling?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Who converted your Pilot to user serviceability?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Who converted your Pilot to user serviceability?

ECCO Machine

Ugly aluminum came out…

Beautiful stainless steel went in.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Nice one Kenneth! With the upcoming new NFA law governing braces, will 22 lr pistols be exempt or will every firearm equipped with one fall under that ruling?

I have no idea how the new brace law will affect pistols, but I have little worry as I have a SBR lower to run this on as well.

posted Hide Post
I received some 50rd Blackdog drum mags today. They run like a top. I also moved the upper to my SBR lower.

Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Nice.

What I like about this thread is the video of actual shooting.

Agree. That's a fine piece and a great video regardless.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I don't know nuthun bout nuthun. But I too, like your video's. Thanks for sharing them. They are pretty darn good as far as I'm concerned.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19156 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
"Navy Chief
Navy Pride"

Gotta luv that Doc!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16181 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I know it's been a few months, but I wanted to resurrect this and thank you, OP, for the inspiration.

I came into an AR lower over a Christmas, and was trying to figure out what to do with it. I ultimately remembered this post with your video, and seeing as I have my first .22LR can in ATF jail, a dedicated .22LR AR seemed like the perfect application.

I ended up buying a CMMG bolt and 16" .22LR barrel, sine Balck Dog mags, and built it out using a combination of stuff from the parts drawer and the cheapest upper reciever I could find (IIRC it was like $35).

This thing runs like a dream. I've probably got 1500 rounds through it now, and the only malfunction I've had was trying to run CCI Quiet, which I didn't expect to work anyway. It's crazy reliable, and a lot of fun to shoot. My 8 year-old went to the range with me today and we burned through a bulk pack of federal automatch as fast as we could load mags. He was dumping 6" plates consistently at 45 yards off the bench, and I got some good standing and kneeling practice in.

Thanks for the rcommendation Doc, I love this thing!

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
With the upcoming new NFA law governing braces, will 22 lr pistols be exempt or will every firearm equipped with one fall under that ruling?

all of them, no exemption for .22lr. So you need an SBR lower for a barrel <16" if you want anything you could shoulder.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10991 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Nice video, like that short barrel.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1552 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post