SIGforum
Taiga Wolverine Folding Shotgun For The Canadian Market (18.5″ & 10″ Barrels) - TFB article w/ photos + video

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2050063694

November 18, 2022, 12:55 PM
Modern Day Savage
Taiga Wolverine Folding Shotgun For The Canadian Market (18.5″ & 10″ Barrels) - TFB article w/ photos + video
I'm not sure if I need a folding pump shotgun, but the concept is interesting. I could maybe see a use for one as a backpacking or even vehicle gun.. if nothing else, I find gun design interesting and try to stay up on new releases.

The title suggests this shotgun was released for the Canadian market, but I read one comment that suggests this shotgun is sold in the US under a different name.

[Note: multiple hyperlinks and article comments found at linked website article.]

=================

Taiga Wolverine Folding Shotgun For The Canadian Market (18.5″ & 10″ Barrels)

Posted September 23, 2022 by Doug E

Folding shotguns aren’t exactly new, but the Canadian firearms community has recently gained access to an infinitely more modern take on the concept with the Taiga Wolverine folding shotgun line. The Taiga Wolverine folding shotgun now comes in two sizes, “X” with an 18.5-inch barrel, and “M,” which stands for “mini” and will come with a 10-inch barrel. The Wolverine’s receiver is split into two segments and joined by a hinge on the front of the lower receiver, while the upper receiver houses the bolt, barrel and magazine assembly. The Wolverine X can reportedly fold to a length of 25 inches for easier storage, however, the Wolverine M is new enough that the specifications aren’t published at this time.

Image credit: Tamgha Arms

TAIGA WOLVERINE FOLDING SHOTGUN SPECS

Gauge: 12 GA
Action: Pump action foldable
Barrel Length: 18.5”
Chokes: 5
Capacity: 4+1 or 2+1
Feed In: Manual
Stock: Synthetic
Forend: Synthetic
Front Sight: Fiber front sight
Safety: Manual
Weight: 3500gr
Length: 39″
Receiver Material: 7075 Aluminum

The above specs come from Tamgha Arms in Ontario, however, there are other dealers in Canada selling the Taiga Wolverine as well, although Tamgha Arms is the only dealer I’ve seen advertising the 10-inch version. Tamgha Arms stated on their Facebook page that the Wolverine Ms that they’ve displayed are prototypes and that they expect the first shipment to arrive in November 2022. The Wolverine X folding shotgun is listed for $565 (Can$). As for the origin of the Taiga shotgun line, they are being imported from Turkey, as Tamgha Arms states the following on their website:

Tamgha Arms is a Canadian sporting goods company, established by a Turkish Canadian outdoorsman. We specialize in designing and manufacturing the best shotguns in Turkey by the most experienced gunmakers. Our presence in GTA is the quality assurance and we stand 100 per cent with our partners in Turkey.

The following video was provided by Instagram’s @canadiangunvault (The Canadian Gun Vault Inc.) during their visit to the Taccom Canada trade show this summer, where Tamgha Arms displayed the new Taiga Wolverine M and its two-fold capability.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/4...fdU?feature=emb_logo

As you can see from the photos, the two receiver halves lock into place with a pin that protrudes just under the rear sight of the folding shotgun. Some of you no doubt also noticed the spring assisted slide action on the Model M, let us know your thoughts on that feature in the comment section. Thanks to The Canadian Gun Vault for sharing their video with us at TFB! Make sure you check out their Instagram page as they cover all sorts of guns and Canadian firearm topics. You can also check out Tamgha Arms’ website for more photos of the Taiga Wolverine X shotgun, as well as other models they have to offer, or view their Instagram or Facebook pages.

What do you think about the Taiga Wolverine folding shotgun, and which version would you prefer? What kind of case would you conceal either model in?

Doug E

Doug has been a firearms enthusiast since age 16 after getting to shoot with a friend. Since then he’s taken many others out to the range for their first time. He is a husband, father, grandfather, police officer, outdoorsman, artist and a student of history. Doug has been a TFB reader from the start and is happy to be a contributor of content. Doug can be reached at battleshipgrey61 AT gmail.com, or battleshipgrey61 on Instagram.

November 18, 2022, 01:02 PM
parabellum
Everything old is new again

November 18, 2022, 01:10 PM
Modern Day Savage
Well I'll be darned. What a beautiful long gun, and it looks incredibly well made, and offered in some handy calibers too.