SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Rock, Paper, Scissiors
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rock, Paper, Scissiors Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
12 GAUGE

My favorite all purpose tool.

I'm a fan of the Mad Max type toys and since these fall under pistols, I can actually have them. They are extremely close range weapons, but I can hit at 10 yards with no problem.

The Shockwave was difficult to shoot through the driver side window of the car as reloading was a problem. You had to shove it forward to eject, then catch the window scraper and pull back to re-chamber. Difficult and slow at best.

Then I saw this at the toy store. An automatic shorty 12 gauge. That's the ticket as long as the ejected shells don't bust the windshield.

I'll try it from the golf cart first.

I'm probably going to switch out the grip to one with a more comfortable angle.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i have been thinking of a shockwave type twelve guage. Maybe a 20 ga. I am not there yet.
A semi auto seems a bit crazy. I wonder about reliability. Who makes that thing?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It fed the absolute trash I ran through it.

#9 low brass 2 3/4, #7, #4 turkey. The stuff I reserve for a pump or single shot.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
This is from their web page.

http://www.garaysar.com/index....red-rocket-launchers

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Benelli?

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's Turkish based off the Benelli.

Everything inside looks identical.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
That sounds good to me, thanks for posting.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Can't seem to find it on their website. Although I am computer impaired.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I do believe Aakar builds it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of these Turkish made Benelli-based shotguns hitting the market these days. The price makes them pretty appealing...and the Benelli action is pretty simple and reliable, so it's hard to screw up. I've been considering an M2 clone for a field gun (not the pistol grip version, lol!), but the instructor at the shotgun armorer course I took earlier this year said that he's seen a lot of these cheap import guns that lack proper heat treatment and parts are wearing out very quickly. I'm interested to see how the current crop hold up to high round counts...if the good reports continue, one might be in my future.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm not planning to compete with it! LOL

It MIGHT get 20 rounds a year run through it.

It sure fed the absolute trash I shoved through it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I love my 12 gauge Shockwave. I've got the "mini-shell" adaptor, replaced the plastic safety with an Aluminum one, added the "brace".

Shockwave in action by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I want one of the new non-NFA Ithaca Stakeouts, for close encounters. A shockwave in .410 with a laser sight might work well for snake harvesting.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I'm kicking myself repeatedly for not buying the Remington Tac-13 before they went out of business.
I sure hope the new owners revive it. If well built, I'd be first in line.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Loading an auto loader is totally different from my pumps. The pump has the button or lever by the trigger guard to release the bolt and you can just start cycling.

This has sort of a button behind the elevator you press in to release the shell catch in the mag to start it cycling.

You have to leave a shell under the elevator to keep it unchambered.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
Inland has a stakeout based on the 97 trench gun.

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
I'm kicking myself repeatedly for not buying the Remington Tac-13 before they went out of business.

*Fingers crossed for luck*

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:

I know the feeling. I did manage to get a Tac13 from a seller who bought out Remington's leftover Ilion factory stock, but I had to pay dearly for it. But it is an absolute beast! Shoots everything I've put through it and 100% dependable.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I see them on gun broker going for over $2K!

posted Hide Post
Do the mini shells function in those?

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post