SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A vintage scope two-fer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A vintage scope two-fer Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted
I was looking for a Unertl type scope for my 1941 Winchester 75. Sadly, they are out of my price range. I stumbled on these online: 2 Lyman Permacenter 20X's for a Buy it Now of $520. I've never seen anything stronger than 10x. I put one on the Winchester, and the other on my Mossberg 44. I can hit a small paster at 50 yds with the Winchester.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16127 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool! Something about older (or classic-style) rifles just looks right with vintage optics.

I have a NIB pre-Olin Weaver 6X I've been trying to find 3/4" rings for. It's going on a Savage .22 Magnum bolt rifle with a pencil barrel.

Posts: 5774 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congrats. Looks great. Lyman is a great name in vintage optics. Love seeing the "made in USA" next to their name. That means something to me.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19346 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post