SIGforum
Who do we like for bolt gun rings?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/1920010824

July 29, 2017, 03:18 PM
Anubismp
Who do we like for bolt gun rings?
I have a bolt gun I'm getting glass for and while I generally go ADM for scope mounts, I don't imagine I'll need or want QD for my rifle. Any recommendations? Its a Deserttech SRS in 338LM and 6.5cm so flat 1913 top rail for the mounting surface.
July 29, 2017, 03:51 PM
feersum dreadnaught
Doesn't sound like a lightweight. Spuhr one piece with 20 MOA ramp?

http://www.spuhr.biz/ideal-scope-mount-system

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"
July 29, 2017, 06:21 PM
sigfreund
I like Spuhr mounts.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
July 29, 2017, 08:24 PM
swage
I run Seekins or ARC M10 rings on all my precision rifles. Never had issues or scope rings. I check torque specs periodically.
July 30, 2017, 07:34 AM
cmr076
I have leupold mk4 rings on my bolt gun. They were around $150, and are rock solid.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R
July 30, 2017, 08:46 AM
YellowJacket
I use DNZ or Leupold.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
July 30, 2017, 09:56 AM
MikeinNC
I have DNZ on one Rem700 (223) and a set of Leupold on the other Rem700 (243)....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
July 30, 2017, 11:45 AM
DevlDogs55
I ran Seekins precision matched rings for a long time with great results... until I finally tried Spuhr. Not sure I'd go anything else now unless it was a deer rifle.

"I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim" - Ænema
July 30, 2017, 01:00 PM
Anubismp
I see a lot of Spuhr recommendations. For the folks running Spuhr mounts what is it that draws you to them vs other rings/mounts? I've noticed they are double or triple some of the other stuff out there. Is it piece of mind or is there a tangible benefit?
July 30, 2017, 01:28 PM
Brett B
Another vote for Seekins. I have several sets on multiple rifles and haven't found anything lacking with them that would require me to spend the money on a Spuhr.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/
July 30, 2017, 01:38 PM
Jus228
I'm impressed by the Seekins rings that my Razor is settled into.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
July 30, 2017, 04:56 PM
bearstarr
https://www.badgerordnance.com/

I have used Badger Ordnance for years with no problems.
July 30, 2017, 05:00 PM
E26R-40-BSE
For me, Vortex Precision Matched Rings, Badger Ordinance and TPS work well. (The Vortex Precision Matched Rings are made by Seekins, and sometimes can be had for less than Seekins. At a minumum, availability seems to be better.) Badger Ordinance are very proud of their rings, and I'm not sure the extra money is warranted. (Got mine for "free" with a scope.)

TPS: I like the product, and the TSR-W rings work well for me. I've heard that directly dealing with the manufacturer can be a pain, though. Get yours from a reputable reseller, like Brownells or so.

(Was curious about Spuhr mounts also. Read a number of comments though that you may have to secure the scope in the mount with resin, otherwise the scope slips in the mount. Didn't want to have to deal with that, as none of the rings I use have that need.)
July 30, 2017, 05:15 PM
RHINOWSO
I asked here awhile back and am happy with the Seekins ring recommendation I received.
July 30, 2017, 05:16 PM
arcwelder
I've used Badger Ord and Leupold Mark IVs, would recommend either.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

July 31, 2017, 12:14 AM
wildheartedson0105
Considering what the rifle cost, I guess saving a few bucks for dinner won't matter. Big Grin

If you would like to have a few bucks left over to spend, I recommend Warne rings. My FAL (she has a bolt!) wears them. They are unconventional as they are vertically split. They may induce a profanity laced tirade the first time one mounts a scope. Yet they are really solid for the money.

Don't back up, don't back down.
July 31, 2017, 08:49 PM
hrcjon
quote:
I've used Badger Ord and Leupold Mark IVs, would recommend either.

This, rings come in every type of style and price. But the above are in the sweet spot of quality and price.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
July 31, 2017, 09:03 PM
hile
For a semi, I'd go Larue in half a heartbeat. What are people's thoughts on Larue mounts on a bolt gun?
July 31, 2017, 09:41 PM
hrcjon
I love Larue, but do they actually offer a traditional non QD mount?
I'd never choose QD mounts on a bolt gun.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
August 01, 2017, 06:27 AM
WARPIG602
Ive used Seekins, NF and Badger with no issues. My decision on brand is usually whichever one presents itself for a good price first, usually with a preference towards Badger.