SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    10 shot mags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10 shot mags Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
I think it is coming to Oregon.
I got many 20and 30 shot mags. But I feel it might be good to have some 10s.

I go for RRA things almost across the board. Which is our preferred 10 shot mag the aluminum one or the NSP plastic mag?
https://www.rockriverarms.com/...lay&category_ID=1519

Lets not debate the rules coming or not. I just need a opinion on the better mag

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I have ZERO experience with 10 Rd Mags, and don't ever plan to get any, but...

Magpul Gen3 PMAG's or Lancer L5AWM's would be what I'd be considering if I thought it might be good to have some. I'd probably get a few of each and see what works best in my rifle(s).

Honestly, I'd also wait until there was a good reason to them rather than a preemptive move in advance of whatever legislation 'might' be coming in the future.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
What people do here in CA is to block standard capacity mags into 10s.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
If I'm shopping online, Lancer.
Local, they're rare, but there's Magpul aplenty, so I've picked up a few.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15263 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stupid question but is ownership of "pre-ban" magazines grandfathered? If so, how does one "prove" that they owned the mags before the ban? Last and most important, let's hope SCOTUS removes all of these mag capacity issues once and for all...

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Magpul now makes and sells a 30 round magazine that has been blocked down to 10 rounds. That would be a good option.

Get some Magpul and Lancer 10 rd mags. They have worked good for me from the bench.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Stupid question but is ownership of "pre-ban" magazines grandfathered?

It depends on the jurisdiction and the applicable law.

During the Dark Decade when magazines were regulated by Federal law, pre-ban mags could be freely owned and transferred. But under current Colorado law, for example, older magazines can be owned by non-exempt persons, but only if they were in one’s possession prior to the effective date of the statute.

And we must keep in mind that there is no legal requirement for “grandfather” provisions pertaining to anything. That was demonstrated by the bump stock ruling.

quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Magpul now makes and sells a 30 round magazine that has been blocked down to 10 rounds. That would be a good option.

Thanks for the heads-up about those. I hadn’t seen them advertised before.

Another thing to be aware of, though, is that some statues specify that magazines must not be “readily” convertible to higher capacities. If all that’s necessary to convert the Magpul 10/30 is to drill out the rivet and remove the internal capacity limiter, is it “readily” convertible?

I have 10-round Magpul mags for bench use and they work fine in my experience.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47396 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grandfathering is a nice concept but new York decided we couldn’t have the pre bans we owned for years prior to the new 2012 law. It was one of the final nails in the coffin that made me happy to leave NY.
When I was subjected to the 10 round limit prior to moving, I used lancer and another brand that looked similar to a chopped GI aluminum
But can’t recall the name
One of my I think better solutions was to simply use an M1 garand 2 shots less but heavy caliber.
If I had stayed in NY my solution was going to be having shuffs make me up a 308 mini-g.

Posts: 3286 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a RRA 10 shot mags. One each the plastic and metal. Will report.
Later I will try the Lancer and magpul

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have some ten round magpuls that have been solid for me. I own them because they are the only size that fit inside the rifle when it’s in the travel bag I use.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post