SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New AR-SBR Project
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New AR-SBR Project Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
I haven't had an AR in years since the AUG replaced my last one, so I thought it was time to get back into the game. Plus, I still had plenty of NATO magazines, so...

I submitted my eForm 1 yesterday. It will be matched with a Radian upper receiver, charging handle, and BCG, 12.5" Hodge (FN) 5.56mm barrel, Xeno 3-prong FH, Nomad Ti can, and likely a Trijicon MRO.

The machining on this lower is amazing; their attention to detail is very apparent, but the tight tolerances made installing the Geissele Tricon a BITCH. The ambi controls are very well designed, as is the safety. It can be easily switched between 90 and 45 degree throw; I'm liking the 45. Also, the mag release can be used to lock back the bolt, too. Neat.

I am very impressed with the Maxim stock, too. It is very well made and very solid. When collapsed, it's noticeably shorter.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17392 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
That stock looks pretty cool. How's it comfort-wise when shouldered? I was looking at something similar for my 9mm SBR but was concerned with the small surface area of the stock.

Also you may want to research the MRO's Parallax issues before getting one...

A good test of it is shown HERE

Let us know how fast your Form 1 comes back.

Smile

Posts: 2685 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Th stock is actually very comfortable. They did a good job smoothing out the edges and the pieces come together very nicely.

Hadn’t seen that about the MRO, interesting. I wasn’t 100% on the MRO. EOtech was also being considered. This obviously isn’t going to be set up for long distance, so it may not matter too much.

Also looking at an Aimpoint T2 with Scalarworks mount. The width of Eotechs have always bothered me. They feel like a box on my rail.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flesheatingvirus,

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17392 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post