SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Tikka T3x Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Tikka T3x Hunter Login/Join 
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted
Picked up a Tikka T3 Hunter (walnut stock) in .243win last week. Waiting on a scope base to show up. I’ve never trusted pinch rings even on .22’s. Just me. What a smooth action! Cold hammer forged barrel as well. This will be my Tennessee deer gun. Over kill on the scope (one I had laying around), Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25x50 with ranging reticle. Can’t wait to get to the range with it!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2672 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 3 centerfire Tikka T3xs, including a Roughtech Ember in. 243 WIN. What a great rifle and a great round! One of the best valued in a centerfire bolt action available IMHO. I am sure you will love it.

Posts: 2554 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mine's a T3x Lite Stainless in 270WIN
Put a 4-20x5 Nikon Monarch on it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15516 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
What base are you getting?

Posts: 10000 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats, a barrel burning round Roll Eyes according to some around here Wink
I have sixty plus year old Remingtons that still shoot like a dream. Love the round. I would use a different optic. 4x, 2-7 or 3-9 would be perfect and not be a behemoth on top of the great rifle you have.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19346 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
Get Talley one piece rings for it. They are by far the best.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3065 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
For the scope base I went with the Warne M9T3M Tikka 1 Piece Base, Matte finish. I wanted to keep it as low as possible. The rings are Warne as well, medium in hight.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2672 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will be interested in your future reports about this gun .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54852 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new purchase, I love all of my Tikka rifles. I have a Hunter in .260Rem that I swapped stocks on and it's my lightest rifle, 6lb 15oz with optics. Cool

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2598 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
For the scope base I went with the Warne M9T3M Tikka 1 Piece Base, Matte finish. I wanted to keep it as low as possible. The rings are Warne as well, medium in hight.

Have you mounted the scope yet? I hope you have enough clearance between the barrel and the objective lens.

Posts: 7929 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Tikka rifles: a Tikka 3 (not 3x) Hunter in .223, and a 3x Stainless Lite in .308.
Tikka actions are just so smooth, they're such a pleasure to shoot.
I've been following SigFreund's thread on the Tac1A, and am constantly tempted. If I could get one in 6 mm Creedmor, I would put the money down.

Posts: 18167 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Just a question on the scope height? I’ve generally leaned on the low side, just enough to clear the barrel, maybe 1/8” or so, then able to work the bolt.

Say one was 1/16” off the barrel, any reason why that’s not enough? I would think ‘medium rings’ with a 50mm objective would be suitable.

Not getting into cheek weld & whatever else that may come into play.

Posts: 6228 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Just a question on the scope height? I’ve generally leaned on the low side, just enough to clear the barrel, maybe 1/8” or so, then able to work the bolt.

Say one was 1/16” off the barrel, any reason why that’s not enough? I would think ‘medium rings’ with a 50mm objective would be suitable.

Not getting into cheek weld & whatever else that may come into play.
I had a VXII 3-9X50 on my T3 for several years. Using the medium Warne rings on the integral dovetail base. With that setup I had to pull the scope back till the bell touched the barrel, then pushed it forward just a tad. I folded a 3x5 card, slid it between.

It was not ideal. I made it work, praising the fact it was near impossible to get scoped. I had to pull the stock into my shoulder to insure full field of view. I went another direction, but always wondered about putting a pic rail on top and fooling with trying other rings.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5187 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post