SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig 551-2 swat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 551-2 swat Login/Join 
posted
I’ve been dancing around this for quite some time. Eventually I am going to have to accept the ridiculous price and buy one.

I’ve got a 553 (sbr) and for some reason, it’s not scratching that itch. I do love shooting that rifle but there is something about how
The seat looks…….

Someone talk me out of it please.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2508 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I mean, it's no Sig P210 carry so maybe you should get one of those first. Wait, checking search function . . . well, it seems you have one of those now. Sorry, with that out of the way it seems like nothing should get in the way of this purchase.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
I mean, it's no Sig P210 carry so maybe you should get one of those first. Wait, checking search function . . . well, it seems you have one of those now. Sorry, with that out of the way it seems like nothing should get in the way of this purchase.

That’s like saying if you own a BMW you
Should go ahead and get a Ferrari. Not really price equivalent unfortunately.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2508 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
I’ve been dancing around this for quite some time. Eventually I am going to have to accept the ridiculous price and buy one.

I’ve got a 553 (sbr) and for some reason, it’s not scratching that itch. I do love shooting that rifle but there is something about how
The seat looks…….

Someone talk me out of it please.

I won't even try. I wanted a Sig 551 since the 80's. When I decided to pull the trigger, Bush's ban was about to be executed and the 551s all dried up. Many years later, Sig came out with the 556. I bought 5 of them in different configurations and calibers and none of them scratched that itch. I finally broke down and bought one of the pre-ban Louisiana Wildlife F&G rifles. The one where Michael's Machines had to add a piece onto the flash hider to bring it to the 16" minimum. Itch finally scratched.

Posts: 243 | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think I had 2 versions of the 556 and then bought one from Mike Otte in 2011 I believe. Will never get rid of it. What are the going rates these days?

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP I won’t talk you out of it. You should have one.

quote:
Originally posted by DCFD4:
Think I had 2 versions of the 556 and then bought one from Mike Otte in 2011 I believe. Will never get rid of it. What are the going rates these days?

$6500’ish.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2325 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post