SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Tikka Stock Compatibility
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka Stock Compatibility Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
Anyone know if a T3x Lite Stainless in 270 will take a CTR stock from a 6.5CM?

Mostly wasn't sure if the long action/short action would be an issue.

Also, will the magazines work between them?

Brother in law replaced the stock on his CTR & offered me the takeoff

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I don’t know for certain about long/short actions, but I do know that the CTR and “tactical” Tikkas use different magazines than the other models. The tactical models use a magazine that’s essentially identical to Sako TRG mags except that they have a rubbery cover over the bottom that prevents their being used in Sako rifles. On the other hand, Sako TRG mags can be used in CTR and the tactical models.

I don’t have a long action round to check in a CTR mag, but when I put a fired 270 Winchester case in the magazine it was obvious that the bullet would have to be seated very deeply for the cartridge to fit the mag.
I doubt the conversion would work.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47647 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I was doubtful on it, but the rifles are almost 2000 miles apart, so wanted to check all I can prior to shipping anything

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I understand it Tikka doesn’t make a short action, only a standard length action that uses different bolt stops to allow different bolt throw lengths.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a difference in actual action length isn’t the issue, but magazine compatibility certainly could be.

I remembered I had some military dummy 30-06 Springfield cartridges which would be about the same length as a loaded 270 Winchester round. It’s a Sako TRG magazine, but identical in size to a Tikka CTR mag:

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47647 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Well that definitely clarifies a lot
Thanks for checking

Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
A CTR stock is probably not much of an upgrade from the one you have now. I use a KRG Bravo stock setup that takes AICS mags, and really like it. But I don’t carry it around the woods, it’s a target gun.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10530 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post