SIGforum
Savage Rascal, Scope recommendations?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/1620059044

April 25, 2018, 02:44 PM
45_Auto
Savage Rascal, Scope recommendations?
I purchased a Savage Rascal 22 for my 7 year old Grandson last Christmas, and he loves shooting it.
I would like to surprise him with a scope, has any member done this? If so what do you think would be the best (not expensive) scope for his rifle?
Any input is welcome.
Thanks-

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.
April 25, 2018, 04:22 PM
Fire Away
I got one of these for my M&P 15-22 and I like it so far.

Nikon ProStaff Rimfire
April 28, 2018, 03:26 PM
drummerguy73
What about a mini red dot like the Holosun 403A? It’s inexpensive, lightweight and will be plenty of optic for the Rascal.
May 02, 2018, 01:43 AM
guardianangel762
For a child a normal scope is mounted in outer space. My son had to get his head off the rifle to see through the optic. This was with low rings. I ended up building him a 10/22 instead.

May 02, 2018, 06:14 AM
WARPIG602
I'll second the red dot, its much more forgiving of head/eye placement. If youre set on a scope, Nikon Prostaff, Leupold VX1 or Burris Fullfield II would be the top 3 on my list for budget scoeps.