SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Compensator on a Ruger PC9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compensator on a Ruger PC9 Login/Join 
posted
Kicking around the idea of adding one to my PC9 and I see that both mcarbo and tandemkross offer one. Price difference between the 2 isn't bad.

At first blush I had leaned toward the mcarbo as I know they have a solid reputation, but wondering if anyone has tried either the tandemkross version or another one not mentioned and your thoughts.

Thanks!

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What is the purpose?

Posts: 107625 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
My initial, untested hypothesis would be that there's not a lot of gas behind a 9mm (or any pistol cartridge for that matter) once it gets that far down the barrel, and as such a compensator wouldn't be that effective...but I've been wrong before. Does anybody have any experience compensating a 16" PCC barrel, and if so does it make any noticeable difference at all to felt recoil? Any reliability impact on a blowback gun?

Posts: 8583 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.vg6precision.com/vg6-gamma-9mm

I put one like this (an older model I think) on my PC Carbine I use for IDPA PCC class. Don't really recall what it was like stock, but it's super fast now. It has basically the entire MCARBO catalog on it plus some other goodies.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What is the purpose?

Honestly... initial desire was driven by aesthetics due to the model I have with the factory rail and threaded barrel, but if it would also improve the function of the gun then I felt like it was worth exploring further.

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post