SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sako/Beretta service turn times?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako/Beretta service turn times? Login/Join 
posted
I was on my annual whitetail hunting trip in NC over Thanksgiving when my Sako Finnlight started having a serious issue. I noticed that pressing the safety too hard forward or fully into "safe" was firing the rifle. I stopped hunting with the gun, contacted Sako/Beretta and they had me ship it to their Maryland facility, which they paid for. It got there about Dec 15th, and since then I haven't heard a peep from anyone. Is this normal? I called once and they said it hadn't even been logged in for service yet. Should I just accept this might take a while?

TS

Posts: 859 | Location: California | Registered: March 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you have confirmation they received it, which is good. Lots of holiday & reduced working since mid Dec, I wouldn’t be worried yet.

I think it will work out, eventually they should give you an update.

I’m not really big into the Remington 700, but I have a few, also a model 7. I realize they paid shipping & all. With my Remington rifles came some real or imagined trigger questions. One now has a Timney, the other a Shilen trigger.

One normally wouldn’t expect a problem with a Sako trigger, yes anything can happen.

I think it’s just normal turn around time, I’d inquire once a week though.

Posts: 6176 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Wow, I thought they were moving to Tennessee. That was 2016. It’s 2024. Strange.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12648 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
A new factory was built in TN....the HQ and service facility was maintained in Accoceek, MD.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Beretta’s customer service has been atrocious over the last few years. My neighbor had to send an a300 back to MD for warranty service work, which took twice as long with no contact or responses. His son was without his shotgun the entire hunting season. He had another issue a few months ago and had to email and call over a half a dozen times before he finally got someone to pick up. Last year I took a fall into an iced over badger hole and broke the stock on my high grade O/U. I contacted Beretta several times about repair/replacing the stock and still haven’t heard back. I found Cole’s, an authorized Beretta service facility and they sold me new presentation grade wood and completed the repairs. They do and have the ability to do warranty work for Beretta, not sure if they do any Sako repairs. Last, I contacted Beretta regarding a model 87 22 pistol that has never been very reliable and was told it was a legacy model no longer supported by them. Disappointing for sure, but I get it.

Beretta will make your gun right, but as of the last few years, it’ll be on their terms and their timeline. It’s unfortunate that their customer service is so lacking these days. Best of luck, a Sako rifle is high on my list of wants.

Posts: 2968 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
I had to send a 1301 Comp back for repair and I was told it would be a 6-8 week turnaround. They received it on January 18th according to the UPS tracking number. Yesterday (January 29th) I checked on the Beretta website with my serial number and it said they have not yet received it. I called and spoke with customer service and was told that if the tracking number shows delivered then it just has not been logged into Berettas system yet. Eleven damn days and they have not put it in their system? I’m guessing, I’m looking at eight weeks and so are you I imagine. I was also told not to expect any correspondence on the process or progress of the repair job.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Beretta’s customer service sucks, unfortunately. That applies to all brands they own, including Sako. They will repair the gun, but it will take a long time. Like a few months, most likely. You will have to be very patient.

If they have to get parts from Europe, that could take a very long time.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10495 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Beretta’s customer service sucks, unfortunately. That applies to all brands they own, including Sako. They will repair the gun, but it will take a long time. Like a few months, most likely. You will have to be very patient.

If they have to get parts from Europe, that could take a very long time.

This is pretty spot on; I called them about two weeks ago and was told, yes we have the rifle in line for repair, but we're waiting on a part from Europe. I was then told potentially the end of March, but likely the end of April, which would be an almost five month turn-around, which sucks in my opinion. It took over a month for them to log the rifle into their system.

TS

Posts: 859 | Location: California | Registered: March 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well here we are at the end of April and Sako/Beretta is now waiting on a new stock to come over from Finland with no ETA. Honestly, I just hope the rifle is ready when the next deer season opens.

TS

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have a few favorites, but I am awash in suitable ‘deer rifles’. Maybe you need to get a backup ready, just in case?

Maybe you already have one, just need to check out certain ammo & sight it in. If not, time to buy one for backup.

Truth be known, my boyhood Model 70 in 308 would still cover 90% of my hunting just fine. I haven’t shot it in decades.

Posts: 6176 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post