SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MCX Spear LT w/ contract overrun Tango optic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MCX Spear LT w/ contract overrun Tango optic Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
A local guy I trade with had this rifle listed and I'd already bought the optic, so, worked a trade deal with him. The optic comes with a titanium mount. Nice piece of kit all around.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I good friend of mine scored one of these and he has it set up for NVGs. It's a little heavy, and I've yet to shoot it, but it seems well built.

Nice snag.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yes, for all the hype...the rifle is 7.5lbs whereas a Bren 2 Carbine is 7.2.lbs. People call the Galil Ace heavy but the Spear LT is the same weight. Kind of shocking really since the Ace is a milled steel receiver

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Sweet rifle. At the cost of adding weight, and ruining the looks, I would probably add a heavier adjustable stock.

Posts: 2008 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
MCX Spear LT

5.56??

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4571 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
7.5 is heavier than I assumed it was. Looks cool though.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6961 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Sweet rifle. At the cost of adding weight, and ruining the looks, I would probably add a heavier adjustable stock.

Yep, I've got a folding stock adapter from my MCX Virtus that I'll put a coyote brown B5 bravo on. The skinny stock isn't that useful. The proper NSGW rifle has a coyote brown version of the same setup...this spare stock adapter is black though so will sort out if I want to paint it.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Thats sexy

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3596 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Sexy in the peanut butter scheme. I wish that handguard was retro to my MCX Virtus..

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the looks of that rifle.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post