SIGforum
MCX Spear LT w/ contract overrun Tango optic

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/1380041994

March 04, 2023, 06:33 AM
PGT
MCX Spear LT w/ contract overrun Tango optic
A local guy I trade with had this rifle listed and I'd already bought the optic, so, worked a trade deal with him. The optic comes with a titanium mount. Nice piece of kit all around.

March 04, 2023, 07:02 AM
MikeGLI
I good friend of mine scored one of these and he has it set up for NVGs. It's a little heavy, and I've yet to shoot it, but it seems well built.

Nice snag.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
March 04, 2023, 07:13 AM
PGT
Yes, for all the hype...the rifle is 7.5lbs whereas a Bren 2 Carbine is 7.2.lbs. People call the Galil Ace heavy but the Spear LT is the same weight. Kind of shocking really since the Ace is a milled steel receiver
March 04, 2023, 08:20 AM
Vgex
Sweet rifle. At the cost of adding weight, and ruining the looks, I would probably add a heavier adjustable stock.
March 04, 2023, 08:54 AM
sgalczyn
quote:
MCX Spear LT

5.56??

"No matter where you go - there you are"
March 04, 2023, 01:31 PM
Slippery Pete
7.5 is heavier than I assumed it was. Looks cool though.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/
March 04, 2023, 04:13 PM
PGT
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Sweet rifle. At the cost of adding weight, and ruining the looks, I would probably add a heavier adjustable stock.

Yep, I've got a folding stock adapter from my MCX Virtus that I'll put a coyote brown B5 bravo on. The skinny stock isn't that useful. The proper NSGW rifle has a coyote brown version of the same setup...this spare stock adapter is black though so will sort out if I want to paint it.
March 16, 2023, 11:10 PM
Andyb
Thats sexy

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
April 11, 2023, 08:22 PM
CQB60
Very nice. Sexy in the peanut butter scheme. I wish that handguard was retro to my MCX Virtus..

April 12, 2023, 01:52 PM
usncorpsman
Love the looks of that rifle.