SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bell and Carlson stocks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bell and Carlson stocks Login/Join 
Caught in a loop
posted
In my quest to put some gravity back into my Remington 700, I am looking at giving it a new stock and bottom metal. The recoil in the Magpul stock with the plastic magazine adapter is just punishing my shoulder and everything down stream of it right now.

My first choice if I had the money would be a ARC Xylo with about 5lbs in fore end weights. (I have one on my Nucleus with 2 1lb fore end weights and it's dreamy in 6.5 Creedmoor.)

Now that I'm done dreaming, I'm curious what the opinion on the B&C stocks is. Junk? Quality? Good enough to get me by until I can afford what I really want? Thanks in advance.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I have several Weatherby rifles with synthetic stocks. I believe Weatherby uses Bell and Carlson stocks on there Mark V actions.
I have no complaints.

Posts: 4623 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I've had a couple of the B&C stocks over the years. No issues and very pleased with them.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I too have one on a Weatherby rifle and like it. They have a reputation of being thick in the wrist. I have very large hands and haven’t noticed it being a problem, more a benefit.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. I found a B&C stock that fits the vast majority of my wants for $475, so I'm going to go ahead and pick one up.

It was pretty much between this and a Manners T4A. Since the Manners variant I was looking at starts at more than $1k (I want that adjustable cheek rest), I think I'll take my chances with the Bell & Carlson.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I’ve got B&C’s on my 308 & 223 700 VSSF Sendero’s ... I've looked at upgrading them to a pistol grip type stock but after the novelty wore off put the B&C back on ... I think the only p/g stock I didn’t sell is the Jonathah Plaster Ultimate Varmint stock, I still have it for 2 reasons, 1. It wasn’t that expensive to begin with. 2. Although it’s kind of bulky, I like it.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
B&C stocks are a nice upgrade from most factory stocks. My winchester 70 extreme weather rifle has one and I have no complaints.

The guy that said weatherby uses them is correct. They are known to be a bit chunkier than a mcmillan or manners.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post