SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone have a Sig Bravo 5?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a Sig Bravo 5? Login/Join 
posted
I treated myself to a new BCM rifle and Sig Bravo 5 optic (blame Black Friday sales) and I'm curious if anyone has the Sig optic and your opinions if you do? I couldn't find many reviews online but figured I'd give it a try.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, since apparently no has this optic, I am on my own. It arrived at my house in Georgia today while I'm in DC so my wife unboxed it on Skype and gave me her opinion of it. She said the glass was very clear and the optic was heavy and felt solid. She is very into photography so her opinion of the glass is valid to me. I'm going home in December so hopefully I can get to the range and try it out on my new BCM rifle.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Sig Bravo 5 optic

I have never seen one. I looked it up on sig sauer's website.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/bravo5-5x30-mm.html

quote:
SPECS
MAGNIFICATION
5x
OBJECTIVE CLEAR APERTURE
30 mm
ILLUMINATION
Yes
DETAILS
World’s first wide field battle sight. Radically new design for professional and civilian MSR/AR-shooters, The BRAVO5 delivers an industry leading 42% wider field of view than current battle sights. The notably flat, distortion-free image boasts an unprecedented edge-to-edge clarity by means of a combination of Low Dispersion (LD) glass and aspherical lens design. Lightweight yet durable magnesium housing with integrated Picatinny top rail for additional accessories such as MRDs and lasers. Adjustable eyepiece with +/- 2 diopter correction. Dependable IPX-8 waterproof (to 400 mbar or 13 ft) and fog-proof performance. The BRAVO5 was engineered with the centerline of the optical axis at 1.535” above the top of an M1913 Picatinny rail interface for night vision compatibility.

FEATURES:
-MegaView™ system utilizes an advanced prism and ocular design yielding 
43% greater field of view than the competitive prismatic battle sights
-MOTAC™ (Motion Activated Illumination) powers up when it senses motion and powers down when it does not. Provides for optimum operational safety and enhanced battery life
-The notably flat, distortion-free image boasts an unprecedented edge-to-edge clarity by means of a combination of Low Dispersion (LD) glass and aspherical lens design
-Adjustable eyepiece with +/- 2 diopter correction
-Dependable IPX-8 waterproof (to 400 mbar or 13 ft) and fog-proof performance

MODELS

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
What’s the all important battery life for this $599 MSRP optic?!?

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to find it online and can't find any info. My guess is that the battery life isn't great if they aren't publishing it. I will read the manual in a few weeks when I'm back home.

Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
The BRAVO 5 uses a single CR2032 battery. So it wouldn’t be very long except that it has the auto on/off feature.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a BRAVO5, but to answer the question about the battery life, it claims 40,000 hours.
Given how the lighting works in the new SIG sights, that sounds about right.
They dialed the battery life on the LEDs in their sights to 11.

When it actually gets here I'll be sure to let everyone know what I think about it.

Posts: 4 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post