SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    LPVO choice
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LPVO choice Login/Join 
posted
Between Primary Arms or Vortex which LPVO for under $1000.00 would you chose?

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Vortex or Trijicon for me. Or a used Leupold.

I’ve seen some primary arms models and I would pass.

For $1k you are approaching NF, Vortex Razor. And Kahles used prices…glass is undeniably better on those.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Trijicon Credo?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
What OttoSig said, and I'd throw in Steiner if you're interested in a 1-4X.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Trijicon Credo?

I’ve used both the credo and Accupower models since returning home, I wouldn’t buy either. I’ve read the HX or whatever designation models are brighter but the standard ones are nearly invisible in Florida sun.

My all time favorite LPVO is the accupoint series (TR24) which can still be found for a steal. The are a bit dated but is kinda like the ACOG in that they are nearly indestructible and stupidly simple to use.

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
There is a Razor Gen II 1-6 with NF lightweight mount for sale on another forum for less than 1k right now. It’s a hell of a deal but goes to show that if you’re patient you can get high waulity glass at your price point.

Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Up to $1,000 only gets you the SLx line of PA scopes and the Strike Eagle line for Vortex.

Either one if that's all you're looking at.
Pick the reticle that you like and try it.

The SWFA SS HD 1-6x24 Tactical is right at $1,000 and looks pretty decent, although heavy.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had I not went on a Washer/Dryer buying spree I'd be able to push my price point a bit higher. Less then a year ago I bought a Aimpoint PRO and for what ever reason it just isn't for me so time to move on.

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
Up to $1,000 only gets you the SLx line of PA scopes and the Strike Eagle line for Vortex.

PST II and Razor II are both above the Strike Eagle and under $1k.

https://www.eurooptic.com/vort...6x24-riflescope.aspx

https://www.eurooptic.com/Vort...-2-MOA-PST-1605.aspx

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
https://www.edgunwest.com/stor...tics-stryker-1-6x24/

$850

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow, definitely shop around, $400 cheaper than primary Arms has them at.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Where do y’all pick up used optics at, well..besides our classified’s?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Where do y’all pick up used optics at, well..besides our classified’s?

Ar15.com EE section

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I really like the SWFA 1-6. It's a tank, weight being the only drawback I see. Sits on my SCAR and 16 inch AR. I like the reticle at both 1 and 6x, great glass, eye box is good at 1x and very good at 6x. I think it's underrated myself, but there are a lot of other good options too. I got one off the showroom at SWFA with a Bobro lever mount for about 1K. Great buy. They go for cheaper used, and this is 1 scope I wouldn't hesitate to buy used, they are tough.

Up from there gets you into NF, Vortex, and higher end stuff.

Mag range plays a part here too.

1-4 lots of options.
1-6 lots of options.
1-8 a lot less.
1-10 only a couple.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6968 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This was my choice, but it's discontinued. Made in Japan. A very nice scope for the money. Street price was less than 600.

Trijicon AccuPower 1-4x24 Riflescope .223/55gr BDC Segmented-Circle/Dot Crosshair w/ Red LED

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^I have this Trijicon AccuPower LVPO as well. It has excellent glass and I REALLY like the reticle. I like it enough that I'm planning to get the Trijicon Credo 1-6x24 with the same reticle for another rifle! The 1-6 Credo w/ the Second Focal Plane BDC Reticle can he had for less than $800 if you look around.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vortex Viper PST II 1-6. You get probably 90% of the performance of the Razor HD Gen II at half the price. If you qualify for LE/MIL/etc pricing via Expert Voice, the Viper is $499. It's outstanding.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you’re going cheap, the Sig Tango MSR 1-6 includes a mount and is getting good reviews. It’s made in China, which is unfortunate, but I believe the lower end Vortex line is too.

The Sig Tango6T is Japanese iirc and is about $1200.

I personally like buying used optics. A Vortex Razor HD 1-6 can be had for around $1k. Downside is the weight. But it’s bomb proof, has nuclear bright illumination and a good reticle.

My go to places to find used optics are the Arfcom EE and Snipershide.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2322 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would the Meopta Meopta Optika6 1-6x24 RD FFP
First Focal - Illum. KDot Reticle - 30mm Tube fit what you are looking for?

They are priced between 500-700.

I have followed their scopes for years but decided to try one when I was in AFG and my detachment was short on Aimpoint and Trijicons.

I was impressed with the scope I got and my only complaint was the the screws were to soft.

A couple of weeks later, I received a new Aimpoint CompM4 and fell in love with it.

I was reading the Firearms blog and they had and article that stated the Lithuanian Ministry of Defense, the Lithuanian Armed Forces has ordered “optical devices” for their Heckler & Koch G36 rifles in a step to modernize their performance. The contract is worth around EUR 4 million and from the pictures, it looks like they have chosen the Meopta MedForce DF 1-4×22, made in the Czech Republic.

They also have a review
TFB Review: Meopta Meopro Optika6 1-6×24 RD FFP LPVO Riflescope

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...-1-6x24-rd-ffp-lpvo/

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During this period of unemployment I am trying to force myself out of this rut by trying new things along with pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

With that being said, I am trying to learn about LVPO scopes. As I have said many times I love the Aimpoint CompM4 and try to obtain one any chance I can (money permitting) but I feel that I am limiting myself.

Through my research I learned they can be expensive.

I ran across this company and have been doing research on them...

Atibal HYBRID12 1-12x32 SFP

$675.00

$899.99

Debuts and ships in April 2022.

The HYBRID12 is what Atibal is calling low to medium power variable optic. This second focal plane optic offers shooters a very large magnification range; from one power all the way to 12. The body is a 35mm tube, while the objective lens is 32mm. To maximize light transmission, the scope uses a HOYA FCD100 Japanese fully multi-coated lens.

I like the concept of the scope but the major negative is that they are made in China.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrapteam666,

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post