SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG PE90/550/551 Magazine Stripper Clip Adapters.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG PE90/550/551 Magazine Stripper Clip Adapters. Login/Join 
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted
For those who are unaware, there are two flavors of PE90/550/551 magazine stripper clip adapters. One flavor is used to load the magazines with ammo loaded onto Swiss stripper clips. The other flavor is used to load the magazines with ammo loaded onto NATO stripper clips. These adapters are easy to identify as the Swiss flavor adapter is solid block in color while the NATO flavor is semitransparent and colored grey/brown. Photos follow.

(NATO adapter on left)

(NATO adapter on left)

(.223/5.56X45mm ammo loaded on Swiss stripper clip)

(Swiss loader w/ammo fit into Swiss clip adapter)

I could not find any NATO stripper clips to show them loaded into the NATO clip adapter.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
And, JDI has this backwards. They show the black tools as NATO and the amber ones as Swiss. It's mòot as they are out of both.

I have 4 black loading tools for many years. Since I got Swiss 5.56 ammo on clips recently, I tried them on Swiss mags and they worked perfectly.

Thanks for confirming this!

I canceled my WTB ad in the classified sub forum.

Posts: 415 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a source for either/both of these stripper clip guides in the US?

Posts: 2005 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:

JDI offers them => https://www.shop.jdifirearms.c...ries_c4.htm?page=all

So does Gun Factory in Switzerland => https://www.gunfactory.ch/langwaf/magazin_sig.htm

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:

JDI in Texas have imported these and other PE90/550P parts. I don't know of any other US firms. They have been out of stock of magazine loaders, magazines, slings, replacement stocks, etc. for years.

Gun Factory in Switzerland has all these parts, but you will be charged an extra 70-75 Swiss francs (about $75 US)
for Swiss export fees whether you buy a couple of inexpensive mag loaders or lots of expensive items.

I have seen a vendor on Gunbroker who wants $40 for a Swiss loader and $50 for a Stanag loader.

It turns out I have the correct loaders, but I wouldn't pay that seller that much for the ones he's selling anyway. Way too much!

Posts: 415 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh jeez, sounds like a good news/bad news situation but thanks for the info.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE

I just found my US/NATO stripper clips. Here is a comparison of their use compared to the Swiss magazine stripper clips.

First, look at a PE90/550/551 magazine paying particular attention to the top rear of the magazine body. Do you notice the grooves molded into it? The grooves are in a pair with one groove on each side of the magazine body. The stripper clip adapters slip into these grooves. A NATO adapter is on the left.

Here are the Swiss and NATO stripper clips with ten rounds of ammo loaded into each clip. The Swiss clip is on top.

Here are the loaded stripper clips inserted into the correct stripper clip adapter. The Swiss loaded clip with adapter is on top.

Finally, here are the stripper clip adapters inserted on the magazines with loaded stripper clips inserted into the adapters. Note: You first place the empty stripper clip adapter onto the magazine. Then you insert the loaded stripper clips into the adapter.

Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Very nice presentation.

posted Hide Post
posting to say these things are great and I have both flavors. Both load mags super fast and smooth.

Posts: 38 | Registered: October 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post