SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New gun day! AR15 style 12ga
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New gun day! AR15 style 12ga Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
Palmetto State Armory has once again enticed me with their stupid low prices.

*if* I can get this to run reliably it should make for an interesting shot gun as it accepts 5 and 10 round magazines.

I’ve been tempted by Benelli’s M4 for years. The Panzer clone nearly beat out this shot gun for my next purchase but I prefer magazines over tube fed. Maybe I’m about to get frustrated as hell dealing with failures. I hope not.

(From PSA’s website)
The JTS MK12AR features the familiar controls of the AR-15 in a 12 gauge format, giving you the option of attaching adding features similar to what you would add to your AR Rifle. The MK12AR is able to chamber 2 3/4" and 3" shells and features a 4-Position adjustable gas system that can be adjusted to accommodate for different loads. The MKAR12 is able to accommodate Rem Choke tubes, making this intimidating firearm a capable hunting shotgun as well.

I hope to be posting up a positive range report in the next week or two. I believe I have FINALLY found a place to shoot that isn’t too far away. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21213 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
That’s a pretty cool looking shotgun. Looking forward to seeing how she shoots.

Posts: 3534 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^Me too.At the price they have online, that is a good deal.

Posts: 7045 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would suggest you do some Trap shooting before any hunting expeditions. Because I have a hunch it won't Point Shoot well at all and Point Shooting is the only way to hit a moving target consistently.

BTW, I do my work hours at my range as a Shotgun RSO. Unlike most of the other RSO's I will allow shooters to try out guns like this on the Trap Range as long as they know the basic rules of safety. They never do well. These guns are set up for sighted shooting at fixed targets and moving targets require using Point Shooting.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5765 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool! It's like the counterpart to the Saiga. An NFA shorty version would be neat, too.

UPDATE: Holy shit! That was $250??

https://palmettostatearmory.co...tgun-m12ar-grey.html

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17575 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Would be interested in range reports from anybody that has shot one of these.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4221 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
They also have this one for the AK minded, and it has lots of good reviews.

https://palmettostatearmory.co...-black-m12ak-t1.html

I picked up a Panzer M4 from them earlier this year and it has been absolutely fantastic.

Posts: 3745 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
For $249.00 I bought the AK version from Palmetto as well. I got the railed version. From the YouTube reviews it seems as though the AK version is more reliable. The AR version definitely seems to be more ammo sensitive.

If my FFL ever gets around to checking my AK in I plan on a side by side comparison soon. How long does your FFL take? It’s been a week that they have had it! Mad

From the armory life website:

Link to description below

“An introduction and fair review of the Chinese built JTS M12AK 12 gauge shotgun.
It's been available for a few years. Is a lower cost option to a Saiga or Kalashnikov 12 gauge shotgun in the $400. to $500. range. - Supposedly a clone of a Saiga 12 Ga. shotgun. It's normally available in at least two styles or versions. One version w/o M-Lok rails (Shown) and one with rails. A third version is also available with wood-grain style furniture, similar to non railed version, but is more rare.

The M12AK is shipped with two 5 round magazines, with factory 10 round mags available. Some Saiga parts like magazines are promoted and supposed to work and fit on the JTS M12AK. - That's not personally confirmed and have many heard positives and negatives on that info. Most actual owner reviews that have read and watched are very favorable on overall performance.

There are also magwell mods for a drum magazine on YouTube and other places as well. The M12AK comes with a four position adjustable gas system and have seen automatic gas system conversion kits available. If wanting to change stocks to another style, adapters are available for a AR tube mount style stock. Uses REM style choke tubes.“

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21213 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post