SIGforum
Any long term thoughts on Magpul’s PMags for the CZ Scorpion?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/1060044274

July 16, 2020, 07:56 PM
BB61
Any long term thoughts on Magpul’s PMags for the CZ Scorpion?
As detailed above, does anyone have any PMags for the Scorpion that you’ve had for a while? If so, how are they holding up, reliability, etc.?

Thanks!

July 21, 2020, 12:36 AM
scot818
I'm interested too. I recently bought several for my CZ.
July 21, 2020, 08:15 AM
SigM4
Believe these have only been out for about six months or so at this point, so don't know there's going to be much long-term feedback for a while still.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…
July 21, 2020, 04:17 PM
djpaintles
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Believe these have only been out for about six months or so at this point, so don't know there's going to be much long-term feedback for a while still.

This.^^^^^^

I did have the lips crack and dump rounds with one of the CZ mags so I'm hoping that the MagPuls will end up being tougher. I imagine that they will.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................
July 21, 2020, 04:28 PM
myrottiety
I haven't heard many reviews. But Magpuls got a pretty solid track record on their products.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
July 21, 2020, 05:04 PM
Dwill104
Based on feedback over at arfcom, hit and miss, for the early ones at least. Some have reported feed issues, others have reported no issues.
July 22, 2020, 10:59 PM
BB61
^^^^

Is there a way to tell early vs more recent manufactured mags?

July 23, 2020, 07:41 AM
esdunbar
I have a bunch of them, but I wouldn't say any have seen extensive use. I tend to shoot the same handful of mags, but again, it's not like I've shot thousand and thousands of rounds through any one mag. I'm a fan.
July 23, 2020, 08:36 AM
Rotty37
Since, I'v had both the CZ Scorpion EVO and PSA AK V9, I would definitely recommend the PSA's version of the Scorpion mags.

Durable, reinforced steel feed lips. Definitely a go to mag , but unfortunately they sell out quick.

Since Magpul's version doesn't have these qualities, I would just use them for range use.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
July 23, 2020, 08:39 AM
oddball
^^^^^^^^^^

+1 on the PSA mags.

I got my supply when they were on sale for 11 bucks or something real cheap and they are awesome mags.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
July 23, 2020, 09:03 AM
Dwill104
Unfortunately, I think the Scorpion specific mags are gone at PSA. IIRC, they made mags that they intended to use in both the Scorpion and their AK-V, but while the first iteration worked great in the Scorpion, there were some issues when used in the AK-V. Then PSA made a second generation that were for the AK-V, and stamped the remaining original mags as for use in the Scorpion only, not in the AK-V. They blew out the remaining stock of Scorpion mags at cheap prices and said they weren’t making any more. The new AK-V mags do work in the Scorpion, but they won’t drop free.
July 23, 2020, 09:04 AM
esdunbar
yep, I was just about to say that the PSA mags won't drop free in any of my three scorpions. Mine went into the recycle bin.
July 23, 2020, 09:06 AM
RHINOWSO
I've never had an issue with OEM CZ Mags (both original and the newer black / windowed 30s).
July 23, 2020, 10:32 AM
Blume9mm
I've had very little working experience with my Pmags for my AR... but I will say when I first bought two and took them out of the package what impressed me was not only the name of the manufacturer on them but there is a date and time stamp...
Seems their warranty is actually worth something.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"