SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Any downside to the Palmetto State Armory 308 uppers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any downside to the Palmetto State Armory 308 uppers? Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
Are they good to go? Thanks.

Posts: 1783 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No experience with the .308 but their 5.55 rifles are pretty good

Posts: 3390 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Their .308s have had more issues than their AR15s. I own several of their AR15s and fashioned a an AR308 out of an upper.

The early run of their uppers had issues with tight/poorly cut chambers coupled with tight extractors causing a bit of grief for owners.

My initial issue was with their lower not being able to seat a Magpul mag and I ended up buying an Aero Precision upper/lower set. I used the PSA barrel, BCG, receiver extension, spring and buffer. I forget where the LPK came from.

I'll have to admit...I was greatly surprised by the accuracy of the barrel! The 16inch barrel with 168 FGMM and a Leupold Mark 4 1-5x has turned in several 1 inch groups at 100 yards with 1.5 inch being the norm.

I'd approach with caution. I'd recommend building on an Aero upper/lower and your choice of other components.

Good luck!

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post