SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Marlin .45-70 Trapper
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin .45-70 Trapper Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
.45-70 is an acquired taste, but once you get your head around how much sheer power you can turn loose with one it becomes seductive alright.

Posts: 7507 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I would love a trapper or any lever 45-70, my only thumper is a T/C Encore Katahdin single shot. With factory loads your fillings will come loose. Loaded to a 300 lead flat point at about 1250 fps, it will take anything that needs taking, and leave your shoulder in tact. Scoped it's plenty accurate at distance but I prefer to use the peep sights in this caliber and loading. So light and easy for a day walking in the mountains.

Posts: 307 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rbdub474
posted Hide Post
I enjoy mine. Added Midwest Industries railed sight set and a MRO. It's really fun with the suppressor.

Posts: 845 | Location: East Central MO | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post