SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG AMT....finally home
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG AMT....finally home Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
I was able to go do the transfer on Monday and working a few angles for extra mags (thanks Mark!). I know muzzle devices seem to run the gamut and with Estes Adams gone, not many options for cool stuff.

Anyways...here's a pic from when I bought it. I shot a friend's example a couple years back and that had me interested in finding one (he's the one that linked me with the place selling this one).

Posts: 3148 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Beautiful example! Those are literally built like a Swiss watch.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 720 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Super sharp!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17574 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p220cop
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle, PGT.

If you have the time, visit "Dale the Stgw. Dude" on YouTube. He has some great vintage Swiss films focusing on the Stg 57 / AMT.

Here is a link to one of his videos showing the production of the rifle. The craftsmanship going into each one is amazing.

Cheers.

https://youtu.be/lsYyfJLFuDI?si=XZZ4bsEd_pg2KSXi

Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done........

Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I'm an amazing beautiful soul. Another person will say I'm a cold-hearted asshole. Believe them both. I act accordingly......

Posts: 156 | Registered: June 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I don't know much about the AMT but understand that they are quite pricey. Congratulations!

Q

Posts: 27446 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Indeed! Here is shooting a friend’s AMT three years back. Roller-locked 308 is smooth and on the first mag, I was able to put most rounds on steel firing while standing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WqdYsX5gFA

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PGT,

Posts: 3148 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2197 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Eek
Beautiful!
Congratulations.

Posts: 11516 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Wow. Don't see that everyday. Looks clean.

Congrats sir.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7011 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I think maybe the sling is rigged backwards. Off to find more reference pics

posted Hide Post
That is an interesting looking gun. Congrats.

Posts: 7045 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I think the same sling came on mine, was that what came with them? I thought the STG sling was leather. Enjoy it, she looks to be in good condition. Sadly you are still going to want a PE57.

Posts: 10039 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
PGT; Don't forget to contact Tony George and let him know your AMT's serial number and importer's name.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2197 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

Now you need some Alpenflage.

Posts: 32992 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Very nice,congrats.

Posts: 430 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Absolutely stunning. Congratulations!

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1541 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Drooled all over the screen. Very nice snag!

Posts: 6038 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Awesome. I always loved these. They are sort of “ugly girl pretty” in that they don’t have traditionally accepted lines but it all just works for me.

You will, of course, need to learn to shoot from skis if you expect to make it on to Blofelds security detail. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7844 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post