SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What is the deal with AK pricing?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the deal with AK pricing? Login/Join 
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
Malysh, you didn't happen to purchase that 74U from me did you?? last three #884

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bolo4tom:
Malysh, you didn't happen to purchase that 74U from me did you?? last three #884

Nope.
Custom receiver and a Tula parts kit bought many years ago. The early AKS-74U vented handguards and early mold number pistol
grip were acquired separately. As were all the Soviet era magazines I have.
It is an SBR.

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
I sold mine to someone on one of these forums and I cant recall which. My SBR also had a custom receiver, matching serial numbers from a Russian kit and the rolled Russian side folder, correct Cyrillic markings etc...a few differences in yours in mine...pg/and booster.

great rifle you have there. thanks for the reply

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I remember the days of sub $500 AK's all day long. Now the garbage ones have crested $1,000. I don't just get the demand to justify the pricing when you can have a really nice AR for the same money.

Same thing that happened to $99 SKS. The artificially cheap surplus guns and parts kits dried up.

AKs are neither cheap nor easy to make and a good one will cost more to build then an equivalent A.R. 15 pattern rifle.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one of those SKS's for $129 in 1992. Still had it in the cosmo box until I sold it a few years back. Still regret it.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post