SIGforum
S&B 124 gr $260 a case shipped at SGAmmo and S&B 9MM 115 gr $260 shipped.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/603106699/m/9900077694

March 01, 2023, 04:38 AM
mikey357
S&B 124 gr $260 a case shipped at SGAmmo and S&B 9MM 115 gr $260 shipped.
STILL at this Price @ SG Ammo...
March 01, 2023, 12:03 PM
OKCGene
Like Para has said before, buy now and stack it deep.

Price has dropped lately, but there's no guarantee that it will continue to drop.

Availability is good now, very good, just buy it and stack in in your hidey-hole stash.
May 03, 2023, 10:21 AM
grumpy1
Interesting that this price has not change in 5 months now and it has been over three years since the last ammo panic started in early 2020.

I agree it is worthwhile to stock up at this price for those inclined.
May 04, 2023, 08:35 AM
sigarmsp226
Grumpy1 - Thanks for posting this most recent update. I just ordered a case of CCI Blazer Brass from SG Ammo for $260 with free shipping. Mark
May 06, 2023, 12:25 PM
grumpy1
Nice! Smile
September 21, 2023, 07:01 PM
grumpy1
UPDATE:

Price lowered to $240 a case shipped from SGAmmo. I also like that I can add other items to my order and keep the free shipping!

Probably going to place order myself soo and add some 38 Special 158gr S&B for my Marlin 1894C
October 12, 2023, 09:29 PM
grumpy1
Interesting as I just check SGAmmo and this is on their website. I wonder what has caused the extremely high order volume?

"Due to extremely high order volume over the past 6 days, we are only accepting new orders for a very small selection of products, and all other products have been temporarily removed from the website. We currently have a backlog of over 12,000 orders, which is 4 to 5 days worth of work for the warehouse crew to pick, check, pack and ship. We will be offering limited selections for the next few days, and a more complete inventory after that."
October 13, 2023, 02:17 PM
sgalczyn
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Interesting as I just check SGAmmo and this is on their website. I wonder what has caused the extremely high order volume?

You omitted the Roll Eyes !

Holy chit - 5.56 is taking a spike up. Aftershock of the US sending support/ammo to Israel and the resulting panic hoarding here?

"No matter where you go - there you are"
October 13, 2023, 06:44 PM
grumpy1
Could be. The S&B 9MM just went up $20 a case too.
October 14, 2023, 08:57 AM
braillediver
Oct 9th in the "Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas" thread. Para offers a lot of useful insight if we choose to listen.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Stateside- once the realization of what is going on seeps down into our culture- I anticipate an uptick in gun sales, increased ammunition prices and decreased availability, and a growing interest in prepping.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: braillediver,

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.
October 15, 2023, 01:39 AM
Nuclear
Don’t forget that some of the domestically sold commercial ammo is manufactured in Israel.
October 16, 2023, 10:49 AM
chellim1
quote:
SGAmmo has S&B 9MM 124 gr for $260 a case shipped. Target Sports has S&B 9MM 124 gr for $260 a case shipped, others at the same price too.

https://www.sgammo.com/product...ier-bellot-ammo-sb9b

... and it's gone.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
October 16, 2023, 11:26 AM
grumpy1
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
SGAmmo has S&B 9MM 124 gr for $260 a case shipped. Target Sports has S&B 9MM 124 gr for $260 a case shipped, others at the same price too.

https://www.sgammo.com/product...ier-bellot-ammo-sb9b

... and it's gone.

OR not available currently as they are listing limited inventory right now. When I try to access the link it shows "denied" rather than out of stock. TSA also has in stock for the same price.
October 16, 2023, 11:31 AM
grumpy1
This is interesting too in that according to this article Lake City Ammunition Plant has canceled all commercial contracts thanks to Biden administration efforts which typically supplies about 30 percent of 5.56 for commercial market. Roll Eyes

https://www.thetruthaboutguns....mmunition-contracts/

"However, we started hearing from a number of people late this week that Lake City had moved to cancel all of its commercial contracts. We’ve also been told that distributor supplies of .223/5.56 had begun to be drained, as a result of the move by Lake City and in anticipation of higher civilian ammunition demand following last week’s terrorist attacks in Israel.

Lake City typically sells off its excess capacity ammo, over and above the military’s needs, to keep its operations fully running and employees on the payroll. If, as it appears, these latest reports are accurate, the reason this time may havve less due to the administration’s desire to jack up domestic ammo costs (thus sticking it to civilian gun owners) than it is to anticipation by the US military that its needs may be increasing in the very near future."

-- More at link above.
October 16, 2023, 07:15 PM
sig 226
It's back but up in price by $9.80

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus
October 18, 2023, 10:28 AM
grumpy1
Just bought a case of S&B 9MM 124 from Target Sports for $260 shipped. Looking to get 38 special too for my Marlin 1894C that I have not shot in quite a while. Prices still way high on 38 special and 357 magnum compared to what they were pre covid but I guess that is the new norm for those and most other center fire ammo. Going to save brass this time as son does reloading for 38 and 44.

Target Sports USA is running out of this quickly. This morning they had 99+ and now at 1:25PM CST only 66 cases.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grumpy1,
October 18, 2023, 06:18 PM
Scuba Steve Sig
I was already putting together an order and was going to go with Winchester 124gr at Target Sports at the same price, what's the SF braintrust thoughts on S&B over Winchester? Just takes up less room or something else? I'm sure I've shot both, looks like Target Sports is back at 99+ of S&B.
October 18, 2023, 06:52 PM
grumpy1
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
I was already putting together an order and was going to go with Winchester 124gr at Target Sports at the same price, what's the SF braintrust thoughts on S&B over Winchester? Just takes up less room or something else? I'm sure I've shot both, looks like Target Sports is back at 99+ of S&B.

I haven't bought any Winchester in a long time but look at the reviews if the 124 and you will see two buyers had recent problems for what that might be worth.

BTW TSA has 44 cases of S&B 124 left that shows when you select case of 1000 to buy. Also SGAmmo is back in stock with S&B 124 and it is up to $290 now where is was $240 a few weeks ago.
October 18, 2023, 06:56 PM
Scuba Steve Sig
You are correct, 44 for cases, I must have still been on per box. Order switched.
October 18, 2023, 07:39 PM
sig 226
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:

I haven't bought any Winchester in a long time but look at the reviews if the 124 and you will see two buyers had recent problems for what that might be worth.

BTW TSA has 44 cases of S&B 124 left that shows when you select case of 1000 to buy. Also SGAmmo is back in stock with S&B 124 and it is up to $290 now where is was $240 a few weeks ago.

Yup - it was $269 when I posted on 10/16 and $290, two days later.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus