SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    *Beware* Browning BPR .22lr ammo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*Beware* Browning BPR .22lr ammo Login/Join 
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted
I experienced what I believe to be a double charge using this ammo. From what I've found it is manufactured for Browning by Winchester who had a recall on some .22 lr last year.
I've contacted both Browning and Winchester about this but have received no response.
I should have stuck with CCI's
Thankfully I was wearing eye protection but now I've got a rifle with a broken extractor and 380 rounds of crap 22 that will go in the trash.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting, was this a standard velocity or high velocity ammo.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
Features and Specifications:
Manufacturer Number: B194122100
Caliber: .22 Long Rifle
Bullet Weight: 40 Grains
Bullet Type: Copper Plated Lead Hollow Point
Rifle:
Muzzle Velocity (feet per second) Muzzle 1435 50 Yards 1218 100 Yards 1070
Energy (foot lbs) Muzzle 183 50 Yards 132 100 Yards 102
Trajectory (50 yd zero) Muzzle -0.5 50 Yards 0 100 Yards -5.4
Wind Drift (10 mph) Muzzle 0 50 Yards 1.7 100 Yards 6.6
Handgun:
Muzzle Muzzle Velocity (feet per second) 1305
Energy (foot lbs) 151
Designed for smooth feeding and reliable extraction
Uses: Ideal for target practice and varmint hunting

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Well, it doesn’t say anything about not blowing your gun up. So they’re covered.

Wink

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does it literally go in the trash? Always wondered .

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Ever hear back from Browning? What was the Lot Number of the ammo? I have a box of that same stuff.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

What was the Lot Number? I have a box of that same stuff.
Is "Manufacturer Number" the same as "Lot Number?" If so, szuppo said, above, that it is B194122100. Or is that an ID that specifies who the manufacturer is? I dunno, that's why I'm asking.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I contacted Winchester regarding FTF .17HMR auumunition a couple of years back. About 20% in two boxes between my friend and myself. I bought mine at Cabelas, he bought his at Bass Pro, same lot number though.

Customer Service sent a call tag and refunded at the rate of 15 dollars per box, I sent his, mine and three additional unfired boxes of the same lot.

Took about two weeks start to finish. I was impressed with Winchester as when I initially contacted Cabelas they said “No refunds on ammunition regardless of reason”.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Here’s what I suspect is the Lot Number for the ammo I have

'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
Sorry, haven't checked this post in a bit. Here is the lot number from mine:

3NB02M

It is on the black flap of the carton.

It has been sent back to Winchester (they mfg. Brownings .22 ammo)

Semper Fi