SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P 9mm ($560.00 per 1k rounds shipped) and 165gr .40 S&W ($427.50 per 950 rounds shipped)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P 9mm ($560.00 per 1k rounds shipped) and 165gr .40 S&W ($427.50 per 950 rounds shipped) Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted
Just a heads up for anyone who may be in the market. This is a great deal for quality ammo, especially given the current shortages.

$559.99 per 1,000 rounds shipped

https://www.velocityammosales....-gr-p-jhp-500-rd-can

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIG228,

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I just checked and they are sold out.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
There were 45 cans in stock when I posted this.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
They confirmed my order a couple of hours ago, and there were supposedly only three cans available then. Hopefully the confirmation was valid and I didn't wait too long.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
They confirmed my order a couple of hours ago, and there were supposedly only three cans available then. Hopefully the confirmation was valid and I didn't wait too long.

I think you'll be good. That counter seemed to be in real time. I received a shipping notice this morning, kind of regret not ordering two.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I received my shipping notice as well.
Thanks again.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Back in stock for anyone interested.

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Dam good deal. I just got 950 rounds of 40 cal gold dot for 427 shipped.

Both 40 and 9mm in stock as of this post.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Back in stock!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:
Dam good deal. I just got 950 rounds of 40 cal gold dot for 427 shipped.

Both 40 and 9mm in stock as of this post.

Hard to beat 950 rounds of 165gr Gold Dots for that price.

Here's a link to the .40 S&W if anyone else is looking:

https://www.velocityammosales....ot-165-grain-jhp-can

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I just got the 9mm now too. Might not be married for long now. But couldn't pass up the deal. Catches me on from slacking on handgun ammo.

I can't believe the 40 price. shipped too.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
My order just arrived. Loose in a small ammo can, but looks fine.

Thanks again for the heads-up; I would have never known about it otherwise.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear. My first batch is scheduled to arrive today. I ordered another 1k rounds on Saturday.

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Has anyone verified that this is legit? I'm very skeptical of Speer packaging premium self defense ammo in a bulk 1000 round can. I have found one other vendor that had this listed a year ago, but I'm wondering if this is top tier ammo, or maybe factory seconds.

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Website says this and the Federal HST they had previously were contract overruns. They have nearly 100 five star ratings on Ammoseek and eight on the listed page.

My first 1k arrived yesterday and I have no reason to think it's anything other than what's advertised. You could always contact them directly.

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I called Speer product information this morning and left a message. I then called Velocity and talked to the owner, and he told me that this was a contract overrun that he was able to buy in bulk, and he packages it 1000 rounds in a can. He said it is not rejects of any kind.

After I talked to him, Speer returned my call. The guy I talked to said that even contract overruns would be boxed normally, and he had no idea about the origin of this ammo. He said he couldn't tell me anything without a lot number. So then I debated on whether or not to call Velocity back.

I did call Velocity back and relayed the info I was given. I told him I wasn't making accusations, just trying to figure out if this was first rate ammo. He didn't want to say too much, but he assured me that there was nothing wrong with it, that he personally kept a couple of cases and would not hesitate to use it for defensive purposes. We had a nice talk about the ammo market in general, and he said that if anyone buys it and is dissatisfied he will take it back.

I later noticed the last sentence in the description:

"This is contract overrun ammo, non Duty"

I don't know what "non Duty" means in this context, and I'm not going to call him back. I'm going to buy a case for practice, or the Armageddon, but I will stick to carrying ammo that came out of a box with lot numbers on it.

I'm not discouraging anyone else from buying it, I have very little doubt that this will all shoot fine, and I'm definitely not criticizing Sig228 for the heads up on the deal. I just wanted y'all to have the info.

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I just popped for a case. Thanks for the heads up.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Gone again.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
I called Speer product information this morning and left a message. I then called Velocity and talked to the owner, and he told me that this was a contract overrun that he was able to buy in bulk, and he packages it 1000 rounds in a can. He said it is not rejects of any kind.

After I talked to him, Speer returned my call. The guy I talked to said that even contract overruns would be boxed normally, and he had no idea about the origin of this ammo. He said he couldn't tell me anything without a lot number. So then I debated on whether or not to call Velocity back.

I did call Velocity back and relayed the info I was given. I told him I wasn't making accusations, just trying to figure out if this was first rate ammo. He didn't want to say too much, but he assured me that there was nothing wrong with it, that he personally kept a couple of cases and would not hesitate to use it for defensive purposes. We had a nice talk about the ammo market in general, and he said that if anyone buys it and is dissatisfied he will take it back.

I later noticed the last sentence in the description:

"This is contract overrun ammo, non Duty"

I don't know what "non Duty" means in this context, and I'm not going to call him back. I'm going to buy a case for practice, or the Armageddon, but I will stick to carrying ammo that came out of a box with lot numbers on it.

I'm not discouraging anyone else from buying it, I have very little doubt that this will all shoot fine, and I'm definitely not criticizing Sig228 for the heads up on the deal. I just wanted y'all to have the info.

thanks very much for going to the trouble with those communications.

i had also wondered about this ammunition in much the same manner.

basically kinda like a 'gray market' product

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post