SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Mk262 Mod 1 (5.56 77gr OTM)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mk262 Mod 1 (5.56 77gr OTM) Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted
Bone Frog is having a one-day sale to (Friday 2/23/2024). $586.87 (plus sales tax if any) for a 500rd case with the discount code "SALE$50", and free shipping. That works out to $1.17/rd, which while still a little spendy is not outrageous for this stuff. <Link>

Posts: 7269 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That's not a bad price. I paid a bit more for the IMI Razorcore stuff and about $.93 per round for the S&B clone stuff.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the IMI stuff is running about $1.25 or $1.30. I picked up a couple boxes of the S&B a couple months ago to compare against the IMI, but I haven't had a chance to do that yet. The S&B was like $0.95 from SGAmmo.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up! I got a couple cases and some TMK last night.

Posts: 9970 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Dang, missed it. Some 77gr is really what my stash is missing.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9695 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Is all OTM 77gr created equal?
Palmetto has its AAC at 55c/rd
https://palmettostatearmory.co...rral&utm_campaign=cl

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Short answer, no. The only thing "77gr OTM" tells you is the type and weight of the bullet. Not who makes it, not what pressure or velocity it's loaded to, and nothing about either external or terminal ballistics. That AAC stuff claims to have a MV of 2700fps, but that's maybe. What barrel length was that measured in? Doesn't say. I saw a Youtube video a while back where a guy chronographed several different varieties of M193 ammo. The numbers were all over the place, ranging from 3300 down to something like 2700.

"Real" Mk262 Mod 1 is loaded with a Sierra 77gr Matchking bullet, to a whole set of military requirements. Whose bullet does AAC use? I've no idea. Based on the photo in the ad, the primer doesn't appear to be crimped, so it's almost certainly NOT mil-spec ammunition.

I'm not hating on AAC here, I've never actually shot any of their ammo and for all I know it might be great stuff. Just pointing out that labeling can be misleading. At 55 cents/round, my guess would be that they're using the cheapest 77gr HP bullet they can find. The Sierra Matchking is not the most expensive 77gr .224 bullet around, but it's up there.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I did a 100yd accuracy comparison and butt dyno on the Razorcore vs S&B OTM's.
Both grouped roughly the same with the S&B trending about an inch lower at 100.
The IMI was a bit hotter it seems. Slightly more felt recoil and the ejection was a a little further behind 4 oclock vs S&B at right at 3 oclock.
The IMI has the SMK OTB bullet where the S&B is just marketed as 77gr OTM.
I only shot 40 of each so not a very thorough test. I just wanted to ensure proper function and accuracy.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post