SIGforum
22lr score at Wally World

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/603106699/m/2180049684

November 20, 2021, 02:11 PM
kz1000
22lr score at Wally World
Better to be lucky than good! Stopped in for an extension cord. Went to the Sporting Goods dept to be disappointed, not so this time! 3 boxes max, the picture tells the story:

Prices well below what is being offered online.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris
November 20, 2021, 06:17 PM
remsig
Nice score kz. I think my WM stopped selling ammo. They definitely stopped selling guns awhile back.
November 20, 2021, 06:50 PM
jdshank
I've ran into .22s at WM a number of time with out buying. Still hoping to find a box or 2 of CCI MiniMags, Not looking to buy a $100.00 worth.
November 21, 2021, 03:44 AM
IndianaMike
The WM we do our Weekly Shopping At is hit and miss on Ammo .
I am lucky enough to snag a few of the Calibers that i am wanting to increase my supply of
November 21, 2021, 09:05 AM
Sig209
nice to get a win every now and then !

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
November 22, 2021, 12:32 PM
grumpy1
Good for you. A couple Walmarts around here have those Federal Automatch 325 packs regularly though they went from $18 to $21 but even 6.5 cents a round is still decent buy these days.
December 08, 2021, 06:37 PM
jdshank
Got lucky this week and snagged 3 boxes of .22 CCI Standard Velocity 2 days running at Wally Land.
December 11, 2021, 04:22 PM
dgshooter
My local WM limits you to one box per caliber, three boxes total.
December 14, 2021, 03:13 AM
Bisleyblackhawk
Hey y’all…following Para’s advice from a “happier time” if you find what you need…put in your cart and buy it…we are still headed to some more fucked up times…act accordingly to what we see coming up Frown Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
December 15, 2021, 07:53 AM
Batty67
I was at a local gunshow and an ammo seller had 2 325-round boxes of Federal automatch for $50. I almost bought some on prinicple, but I've got about 8-9k and I shoot maybe 500-600 rounds of 22LR per year. I probably still should have got some...
December 22, 2021, 09:08 AM
Jupiter
I just bought 2 boxes of the same stuff yesterday.
I only gave 18.54 per box, SUCKERS. Big Grin

They had a 2 box limit. I should have asked my better half to pick up the remaining 2.
The gentleman at the counter said they sell out within the day.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

December 29, 2021, 02:25 PM
P250UA5
On the rare occasions I end up in WM, I always make a pass by the ammo box.
It's been really empty, but there's usually a couple boxes of something in there.

Last pass, a couple boxes of 17HMR & 350 Legend, and a few boxes of shotgun (didn't notice gauge)

The Enemy's gate is down.
December 31, 2021, 04:40 AM
egregore
In a kind of forlorn hope, every so often I'll check my Walmart's ammo cabinet. The last time I looked, they had a few shotgun shells and, strangely, over a dozen boxes of WWB 7.62x51. I get most of my ammo at Academy.
January 17, 2022, 05:44 PM
Mr_Black
I have had some really good luck at our local Walmart stores. I used to pick some up any time I saw it in stock but I've got so much stocked up now that I've been holding off. My last score was three boxes of the Remington Golden Bullet 525-round packs for $39.44 each. I might pick up some of the CCI Mini-Mag 100-round packs for $10.87 each. Here's what the Walmart ammo cabinet looked like yesterday:

- Albert Einstein
January 28, 2022, 07:17 PM
jdshank
I've been getting CCI .22's Mini Mags almost every week for the last month a my WM
February 01, 2022, 04:53 PM
gearhounds
Scored 2 boxes of CCI Maxi-Mag .22WMR the other day at much appreciated WalMart, non gouge prices. They also had plenty of yellow box Winchester 22LR. I wish they sold primers Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
February 07, 2022, 04:01 PM
fiasconva
I found some of the Federal AutoMatch at a local Walmart just today for $21.16 per box. I bought 2 boxes and just may go buy a couple more this week if they aren't sold out. I feel lucky today!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra