SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    See User Profiles ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

See User Profiles ? Login/Join 
posted
Hello again !

I can not see user profiles to send a message (email to them ) Am I doing something wrong on trying to view it.

Posts: 61 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: May 22, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Click on the member's username, then click on "View member's Public Profile", which leads you to said member's Profile page, which should have their email address. If some members choose not to display their emails, there is nothing for you to see. However, any members wishing to transact business in the Classifieds must display their email in Profile.

Q

Posts: 27695 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Because of scammer activity in the forum, anyone who registered after March, 2022 lacks the necessary permissions to view profiles.

Posts: 109261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

any members wishing to transact business in the Classifieds must display their email in Profile.
Is this a rule? If not, I agree that it should be, but I see many, many, ads posted by people who do not have email addresses in their profiles.

In fact, if there is something that interests me and the seller does not have an email address in his / her profile, I typically make a reply in the ad thread, telling the seller that there is no email address in the profile.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Because of scammer activity in the forum, anyone who registered after March, 2022 lacks the necessary permissions to view profiles.

Man, how did I completely forget that little nugget that I have always reminded members who registered after 3/22/22? Totally brain fart.

Q

Posts: 27695 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Gotcha

Thank you for the heads up !

Posts: 61 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: May 22, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email in profile is a good idea - but when you can't see the profile to send an email - Its kind of a catch 22 LOL

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

any members wishing to transact business in the Classifieds must display their email in Profile.
Is this a rule? If not, I agree that it should be, but I see many, many, ads posted by people who do not have email addresses in their profiles.

In fact, if there is something that interests me and the seller does not have an email address in his / her profile, I typically make a reply in the ad thread, telling the seller that there is no email address in the profile.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Email in profile is a good idea - but when you can't see the profile to send an email - Its kind of a catch 22 LOL

That's something you're going to have to work out with the other party. But, the 3/22/22 rule is there for a reason.

Q

posted Hide Post
No arguing against the profile thing at all.

Just a catch 22 - Its a rule it has to be in the profile - however anyone after 2022 can not see the profile ( due to scammers ) so the poster has to post it in the thread - and then the scammers can see it and try to scam.

I am glad they are being proactive and trying to cut down on scammers ( lord knows Ive been hit by them a time or two ) and no system is going to be perfect.

And I do not have a better solution either LOL

quote:
quote:

That's something you're going to have to work out with the other party. But, the 3/22/22 rule is there for a reason.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just a catch 22 - Its a rule it has to be in the profile - however anyone after 2022 can not see the profile ( due to scammers ) so the poster has to post it in the thread - and then the scammers can see it and try to scam.

You have to post in the thread anyway, to start communicating. Just don't post your email address in it. For example, post and ask the other party to contact you (your email in Profile). If the other party also registered after 3/22/22, then you will need to come up with another way.

Q