SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Help with password.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with password. Login/Join 
Picture of Lunasee
posted
I recently purchased a new PC. I tried to login and I don't remember my password. I clicked on "Forgot Password" I entered my email address (**********). It responded with "There is no member with this email address.
I am logged into Sig Forum with my phone app. I checked my member profile. It shows my correct email address (************). I don't understand why when I try to login on my PC, it doesn't recognize my email address

Can you please help?

Thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 590 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Your member profile reports your “Display Email” address. I’m not certain, but I think that your login email address can be different.

Is there another email address that you use? Or have used in the past? If so, try that.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9411 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Your member profile reports your “Display Email” address. I’m not certain, but I think that your login email address can be different.

Correct. The display email in your profile can be different from your account email. And in fact, free email addresses like Gmail weren't allowed for account emails for quite a while, but were able to be used as display emails. So back when you registered in 2011, your account email would have had to have been some paid email address, like a work email, ISP email, or similar.

But if you're logged in, you can change your password and your account email address, like so:

While logged into your account on your phone, click on your username next to one of your posts, then click "View Lunasee's Public Profile" in that dropdown menu that appears.

Then click "View/Edit Complete Profile" in the upper left of that next screen.

Then click the "Change Account Password" checkbox, and two new boxes should appear. Type whatever new password you want to use in the first one (Account Password), then confirm that new password in the next box (Confirm Account Password).

Finally, scroll to the bottom of that screen and click the Submit button. This should change your password.

You can also see your original registration email next to Account Email Address on that same View/Edit Complete Profile screen, and you can then change it to something new (like your Gmail account) if you no longer use that old email account. To do so, click the "Change Account Email" checkbox, and then don't forget to click the Submit button at the bottom after making changes to the account email address.

Posts: 32993 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's because your registration email address was a different address.

The software told you correctly- there was no member with the email address you attempted to enter. This is a source of confusion for some members. The email address you have displayed is simply that- a display email. You could put anything you want in that field, even gibberish.

I've changed your registration email. You should get a couple of emails which will allow you to get straightened out.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post