SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Email no longer in Public Profile
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Email no longer in Public Profile Login/Join 
posted
I went to do a new classified ad and just found that my email is no longer in my Public Profile. When I went into my personal profile info I found that the email in there was old. I updated it and verified through the system but still nothing in my Public Profile. Has there been a change to that process?

Posts: 287 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
You're probably looking in the wrong place.

To add an email address to your public profile page, which only members registered on or before 03/22/2022 can access: Click Go -> Personal Zone -> Profile -> View/Edit Complete Profile, put a valid email address in the Display Email field, then click Save at the bottom of the page.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
You're probably looking in the wrong place.

To add an email address to your public profile page, which only members registered on or before 03/22/2022 can access: Click Go -> Personal Zone -> Profile -> View/Edit Complete Profile, put a valid email address in the Display Email field, then click Save at the bottom of the page.

I did all that already. That is where I updated my email address but it still didn't show in my Public Profile. It has always been in the Public Profile in the past. I haven't checked it in several months so I'm not sure when it went away.

Posts: 287 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... ISTR another member having the same or a similar problem. I don't recall whether or not it was ever resolved.

ETA: Found it. His problem was notifications settings not sticking.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Hmmm... ISTR another member having the same or a similar problem. I don't recall whether or not it was ever resolved.

ETA: Found it. His problem was notifications settings not sticking.

So what needs to be done to fix it?

posted Hide Post
Problem solved: when I previously edited my personal profile info I didn't scroll down to the public profile info. When I looked at that area I found that my public email info was blank. Not sure why it would disappear as it had been there for years. Anyway, I filled it in and voila my email is now listed in my public profile.