SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Login problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Login problem Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted
Have a new Samsung tablet and am not able to login to the forum. I'm reasonably sure I remember my password but keep getting "incorrect password" message. When I attempt to get login help I get "email specified is improperly formed". Tried it several times.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4133 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The required info was entered when I first registered in 2003.
So that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Posts: 4133 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Which browser are you using? Does this happen with more than one type of browser?

Posts: 107499 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Samsung Internet Browser version 17.0.1.69 which the latest ver.
Same as my older tablet and my cell phone both of work just fine. They have been logged in to Sig forum for a long time.
My laptops are MS 8.1 & 10 which work fine. I believe they are a Google browser.
Only the new tablet is resisting.

I THINK I remember my current password but maybe I am wrong. When I clicked on log in help I expected to be setting up a new password but then it wouldn't accept my email which is the same as in my profile from 2003.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
I THINK I remember my current password but maybe I am wrong.
Start up a new, private browser window on your MS-Win machine. (Shift-Control-N from w/in an existing browser window for most browsers.) It won't know anything about your current login with your existing browser window(s).

Try to log in with what you believe to be your password. Then you'll know.

And get a damn password manager!

(^^^^^ long-time members will get the reference)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post