SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Best recommmended way to post photos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best recommmended way to post photos Login/Join 
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted
I know there has been a lot of discussion about this on various threads. Do the owners/moderators have a first best choice of sites to use to post photos?

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know the secret of adding videos. I paste in YouTube links into the [[FLASH_VIDEO] [[/FLASH_VIDEO] brackets, but only get the URL and not the video.

(I added the second prefix bracket to the code would show up).

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I'd like to know the secret of adding videos. I paste in YouTube links into the [[FLASH_VIDEO] [[/FLASH_VIDEO] brackets, but only get the URL and not the video.

(I added the second prefix bracket to the code would show up).

Click the "EMBED" option in Youtube and use that link.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9667 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
^^^ For YouTube you need to copy and paste the embed code not the direct link between the brackets but the easiest thing to do is you Tubeit from the Karmanator you can paste the direct link there and get different ways to copy and paste in the body of your post.

Posts: 4979 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
As far as preferred hosting sites I believe there is no preference as long as when you post a photo we don't see that photobucket graphic. Razz

Posts: 4979 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Old Vark WSO
posted Hide Post
Was going to start a new thread and then saw this one. I just had to relearn how to post photos due to the changes at the once popular image hosting site that shall not be named.

I chose to use Flickr, but learned some anomalies along the way. The purpose of this post is to possibly help others who would use the search feature on this forum as I did. Some research on the Flickr forum helped as well.

1. You do not need to to click the image icon above the Message box to insert your photo (using Flickr). It won't work if you do. Just paste the BBCode in your message.

2. You cannot use an iPad, iPhone, and possibly Android phone to insert photos. It is next to near impossible to copy the BBCode on the Flickr page using these devices. I had to switch to a laptop with MS Explorer to copy and insert the link/code into the post.

3. When you do insert the photo, Flickr will post your name next to it if you used it when you signed up for your account. You can delete it from the BBCode before you post your message to the Sig forum thread and it will still insert the picture.

4. Just below where you copy the BBCode, you can select the photo size to use. The larger of the two "Medium" choices posted a nice sized picture.

Hope this helps - some of this was covered in at least one other thread I found. Maybe this will keep someone from wanting to bang their head on the desk as I did.

Cheers,

OVW

Posts: 75 | Location: Biggest Little City in the World | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Old Vark WSO:
Was going to start a new thread and then saw this one. I just had to relearn how to post photos due to the changes at the once popular image hosting site that shall not be named.

I chose to use Flickr, but learned some anomalies along the way. The purpose of this post is to possibly help others who would use the search feature on this forum as I did. Some research on the Flickr forum helped as well.

1. You do not need to to click the image icon above the Message box to insert your photo (using Flickr). It won't work if you do. Just paste the BBCode in your message.

2. You cannot use an iPad, iPhone, and possibly Android phone to insert photos. It is next to near impossible to copy the BBCode on the Flickr page using these devices. I had to switch to a laptop with MS Explorer to copy and insert the link/code into the post.

3. When you do insert the photo, Flickr will post your name next to it if you used it when you signed up for your account. You can delete it from the BBCode before you post your message to the Sig forum thread and it will still insert the picture.

4. Just below where you copy the BBCode, you can select the photo size to use. The larger of the two "Medium" choices posted a nice sized picture.

Hope this helps - some of this was covered in at least one other thread I found. Maybe this will keep someone from wanting to bang their head on the desk as I did.

Cheers,

OVW

Very helpful! Thanks!

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post