SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Imgur Problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Imgur Problem Login/Join 
posted
I've been using Imgur for at least 5 years and for whatever reason I can't copy and paste images from any of my devices. This is on any forum not just SIGforum.....anyone have any idea ?

Posts: 970 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
All I know is I’ve been using Imgur to post here and even recently. It works for me. I upload to Imgur then click on the pic then click on the BBC link code to copy it and paste in my post here.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19867 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response Rey. I've used Imgur successfully and just as you described for years and now I can't copy and paste anything from the site. I've tried from 3 different devices. I thought it might have been the VPN but with it turned off I get the same result, I just don't get it.

Posts: 970 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
Thanks for the response Rey. I've used Imgur successfully and just as you described for years and now I can't copy and paste anything from the site. I've tried from 3 different devices. I thought it might have been the VPN but with it turned off I get the same result, I just don't get it.

I've heard this advice given before with issues involving browsers: Clear your cache. Or you could try another browser on the same computer. Can you copy anything from a webpage and paste it to a Word document or similar program?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19867 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I can copy and paste documents as always. I'll try a different browser. Thanks for the ideas.

posted Hide Post
Former Imgur user here. Now use Flickr. More photo centric instead of social site. Very pleased with the quality of their service. Maybe give them a try?

Posts: 112 | Location: Deep south | Registered: August 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tjcj:
Former Imgur user here. Now use Flickr. More photo centric instead of social site. Very pleased with the quality of their service. Maybe give them a try?

I'll take a look at Flickr as I have nothing to loose. Thanks for the help of the SF.

posted Hide Post
Flickr instructions are on the Attach Photos post. I needed them.

Posts: 112 | Location: Deep south | Registered: August 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
quote:
Originally posted by tjcj:

I'll take a look at Flickr as I have nothing to loose. Thanks for the help of the SF.

I use ImageShack (about $19/year). It supports avatars in addition to ordinary photos. “Unlimited” storage, they say. bac1023 uses ImageShack too.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9288 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post