SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Avatar Hosting
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Avatar Hosting Login/Join 
Member
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I sent an e-mail to you sigmonkey about my avatar. I cannot get Postimage to work.


* * * * * * *
High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.
 
Posts: 902 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I have unlimited hosting and can host avatars for no cost to folks on one of my sites.

Just email me with a link to the image you want or send me the image, and your screen name.

I can resize almost any image as well.

I'll host it and send you the link.

I think there is one or more other members offering the same thing.


Just sent you an email -- thanks in advance, Tinyman


______________________________

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on
 
Posts: 332 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Thanks -- now for the test.


______________________________

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on
 
Posts: 332 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Looks good on you!




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
 
Posts: 46609 | Location: Box 1663 Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tinyman:
Thanks -- now for the test.

Did you fly an F-104? Neat airplane!




Serious about crackers.
 
Posts: 11791 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Didn't fly, I was a Crew Chief. It was my first real aircraft (not counting Tech School at Shepard). Loved it.

Other military: F-4C/D/E/RF, T-37B, FB-111A, KC-135A/Q, F-15C/D, C-130B/E/H.

Civilian: EMB-145, CRJ-200 (and many others)

Tinyman


______________________________

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on
 
Posts: 332 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Time Wounds
All Heels.
Picture of Cope
posted Hide Post
In prepping for the upcoming reopening of the Classifieds, I needed to get back up to speed on photo hosting and landed on an option that others here have recommended.

It seems in my profile that I managed to update my avatar from years ago that went away with tinypic. This is simply a test in hopes that it properly functions. Hilarious that I found on one of my old PCs the same avatar wearing a Santa hat for Christmas festivities. Fingers crossed that the donut offering trunk monkey appears....


----------------------------
Time Makes Us Wise.

 
Posts: 1923 | Location: WNC | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Time Wounds
All Heels.
Picture of Cope
posted Hide Post
Sweet, it seems to have worked!


----------------------------
Time Makes Us Wise.

 
Posts: 1923 | Location: WNC | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Junior Member
posted Hide Post
I tried to post an avatar image from Postimages, but I got an error message that said that my image wasn't available.

What do I need to do to past my avatar?

My avatar image is:
 
Posts: 4 | Location: Arizona | Registered: September 14, 2026Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Welcome to SIGforum Don! It’s a great place!

You need a photo host that supports avatars. Most of the free ones don’t. I use ImageShack.com, ~$20/year. Some member might offer to host yours.



Serious about crackers.
 
Posts: 11791 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I can no longer offer to host anymore avatars.

Unfortunately, I have accounts for several websites hosted by three different providers, yet none of them will work for hosting images.

I have quite a few members who I am hosting avatars which they applied to their profile before the site transitioned to HTTPS.

Those work fine, but cannot be updated from the same source as the avatars. (I tried with mine).

I have tried everything I know and am unable to determine what is preventing them from being processed when folks try to edit their profiles.

Just did not want anyone taking their time to send me images and not able to make them work.




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
 
Posts: 46609 | Location: Box 1663 Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Avatar Hosting

© SIGforum 2026