SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Attach Photos?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attach Photos? Login/Join 
posted
Is there a way to simply attach a photo? I saw the post about hosting sites, but I just can't figure out how to do that. And how does one get permission to attach?

Posts: 15 | Registered: March 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mong0:
Is there a way to simply attach a photo? I saw the post about hosting sites, but I just can't figure out how to do that. And how does one get permission to attach?

-There are no attachments on here.
-There are no permissions required.
-You need to have a 3rd party photo hosting site, then link your pics from there to here. A word about Photobucket, though. Folks used to be able to link their pics for free. But, they now require that you pay them upgrade service fee for that. So, folks now use other photo hosting sites.

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
It's so easy even a caveman can do it:

Slide1 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Gary. I just joined and was wondering how to do this. And I believe if you have a yahoo email it makes it even easier.

Posts: 6 | Location: Cental Texas | Registered: December 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GaryBF

How do I post pics from Photobucket? Can you assist?

Thanks

Posts: 49 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sk2159:
GaryBF

How do I post pics from Photobucket? Can you assist?

Thanks

Here you go. I hope you have the deluxe account, or your photos will not stay up long.

Postphoto by GaryBF, on Flickr

posted Hide Post
Does Flickr charge for hosting photos?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Does Flickr charge for hosting photos?

No they don't but their site is challenging (at first) to use. Find a no charge and easy to use site if you can...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
It's so easy even a caveman can do it:

Slide1 by GaryBF, on Flickr

I downloaded Flickr app on mobile to share photos on here and I dont have the option when I click the arrow for share.
Doesn't show me to select size or BB code.
It just shows "copy URL"

Posts: 10 | Registered: February 22, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Do you have a home computer you can use? That's how I made the slide.

posted Hide Post
At the suggestion of another member, I signed up with postimage.org. Easy to use.

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tagged for later reference

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
soflaac is correct.

The cost of bandwidth as well as the space to host the pictures on this site's "server" (with the hosting company) can be considerable cost.

By having images hosted on 3rd party image hosting sites that are used by members, that "cost" is passed on/born to those third party hosting sites, and they make revenue to cover that cost.

This forum is (with rare exception), paid for out of the owner's pocket and he made the decision to not monetize the site, use ads or other means to cover (additional) costs in order to host images for direct upload.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43795 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Image test through Flickr...

Posts: 859 | Location: New York | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 859 | Location: New York | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh...

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
You didn't follow my chart:

Dial indicator by Randy Schue, on Flickr

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Re: Flickr

Use the website. I could not get the BBS code from using the app.

Thanks to Old King Cole for the tutorial.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12298 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
https://www.flickr.com/photos/...m-72157603768793428/

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2253 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post