SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Email update?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Email update? Login/Join 
posted
Having trouble updating my email address in my profile. It is saying my new email is reserved and cannot be used? Any suggestions?

Posts: 18 | Location: PA | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
What are you attempting to edit? If it is your "account email", know that it cannot be a GMail, Yahoo, or any other 'free' email account. It needs to be tied to a paid service of some type.

ie: Comcast.net

So here is how it works. Your account is fine, even if you don't use the 'old' email address anymore. (the one you registered with). The only difference is that you will not be able to receive 'alerts', if you have any programmed in.

You CAN change your display email to nearly anything you want. The site does not have PM's; so if you want members to be able to connect with you directly, you want to be sure that your display email is up to date.

For example, my registration email is Comcast.net

My display email for members to contact me is Gmail.com

Hope that helps.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12298 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeap. There in lies the issue. My new email is a yahoo account. Thanks for the help!

Posts: 18 | Location: PA | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post