SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Permission to view Classified Section
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Permission to view Classified Section Login/Join 
posted
Hello,
I went to view the classified section and it says I need permission? Did I do something wrong? I have been a long time member of the SiG Forum.
Please let me know.

Thank you,
Kevin

Posts: 118 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin McSig:
Did I do something wrong?
Apparently so.

Now is the time to think hard and remember what happened. Honesty and candor go a long way with me.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,
What did I do wrong? I sold some magazines some time ago. They were for the X5 and if I remember correctly I sold some older P226 and P228 magazines. I had some Glock magazines that no one seemed interested in. Did I not respond to a buyer? If something went wrong I want to correct the problem. Sorry for any inconvenience that I may have caused. I have been dealing with some severe personal medical conditions. Please let me know.

Thank you,
Kevin

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin McSig:
What did I do wrong?
That's what I'm asking you. There are no notes on your account to indicate the issue and whatever happened has long ago been pruned from Classifieds.

I'm curious why it took you so long to respond to my post. Could it be that you're making the rounds on all the boards, to post your items? Whatever happened, it was severe enough for me to not only revoke all your permissions in Classifieds, but to also remove your permissions to view member profiles. All of this is a manual process, so it was done by me, deliberately, and for a cause.

So, now you are here after who knows how long- not to participate in the forum, but to again use Classifieds. None of this sits well with me.

If I grant your access to Classifieds, you're going to sell your stuff and then disappear once again. This is not how this forum is intended to be used.

Can you see the problem?

If I grant you access to Classifieds, am I going to discover that whatever it is you intend to sell is listed in other forums? Are members going to contact you to buy your stuff, only to be met with silence because you don't check your ad for two weeks? Something along those lines- or worse- happened way back when.

If I were you, I'd be inclined at this point to tell me to go screw myself, but if you really want to get back int Classifieds that badly, I'll restore your access, but first I want to hear a timely acknowledgement from you that you understand that Classifieds has rules, and that you will follow these rules to the letter.

posted Hide Post
I do not sell on other forums. The reason I have not been on the SiG Forum is over the years I have have battled Cancer and have been through a battery of Chemo for the Cancer and other Severe medical “adventures”! I have sold off the majority of my guns at my friends gun store to pay bills. I understand where you are coming from. Sorry for any inconvenience that I have caused. I would like to stay on the Forum. You can just tell me to pound sand and call it a day. It’s your Forum.

Kevin

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm not telling you that you can't stay in the forum. I'm telling you there are clear indications that you failed to follow some of the rules posted at the top of Classifieds. I do not revoke permissions for minor infractions.

One of those policies states, in part: "Response to queries by the other party should be prompt. Responses to emails should be made within 24 hours, unless mitigating circumstances exist."

If I restore your permissions to Classifieds, and if you post items for sale, and someone asks you a question or indicates they want to buy one or more of your items, you had better be Johnny on the spot, or I will remove your ad and once again revoke your access to Classifieds.

Let me hear you say, please, that you understand that you must monitor your ad every day.

And being a member of the forum means doing more than just using Classifieds. There are plenty of topics of discussion that have nothing to do with firearms. Make yourself t'home.

posted Hide Post
Thank you,
The next time I list an item for sale I will monitor it everyday. I read the rules and I will honor them. I obviously messed up and I own that. It will not happen again.

Kevin

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Your permissions have been restored.

As I said, being a member here- which you say you wish to be- means participating in the forum in general, and not just using Classifieds. If you mean what you say, we will see you around this forum from time to time.

This habit of yours of taking days to respond is not a good thing and you have my word that if you post an ad and take this casual approach to responding, you'll be right back where you were before you asked about all of this.