SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Permissions for member directory
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Permissions for member directory Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
I used to have permission for this. Could you take a look or explain please?

Posts: 18231 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The directory was being used by scammers to find dormant, zero or near-zero posts accounts and then find the ones which had weak passwords. They would then take over accounts they were able to log in to, thereby giving themselves an appearance of legitimacy via tenure, and using that appearance to rip off unsuspecting members in Classifieds.

Therefore, it became necessary to make this directory inaccessible.

You can thank the thieves.

Posts: 108618 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
You have a thankless job, Mike. Thanks!

Posts: 18231 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thank you, but forum members have thanked me countless times in words, and more than once here in the past couple of years, they have provided material support that has made all the difference.

Let's call it a mutually beneficial relationship, not to mention, I like confounding the thieving reptiles by plugging the holes such as this one; it is satisfying to do so, and when it's a pleasure, it's not work.

Posts: 108618 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Para, We as Forum Members, are very lucky that you find it satisfying and pleasurable doing everything that you do here to keep this Forum up and running.
That includes kicking scammers to the curb.
I personally, have never run into scammers here. On the somewhat rare occasion I do use the classifieds here, every single buying experience has been without a single problem.
That in itself says something about the Members.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1557 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post