SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Trying to drive more participation in the postal match thread
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trying to drive more participation in the postal match thread Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted
Para,

There has been some discussion about trying to get more participation in the postal match thread. There have been a small group who shoot it regularly and a few others who have come and gone, but it would undeniably be more fun with more shooters involved. I'm not sure if the issue is lack of interest, lack of visibility, or something else, but I've been asked several times to try and promote it to increase participation.

My goal with this from the beginning has been to keep it low key, informal, and drama-free, and most importantly not clutter up the board or add to your moderation duties. To my knowledge we've been successful at that.

The competition and training section is definitely a lower traffic area of the forum, and I think many members never open that page. What are your thoughts on cross-posting the thread to another more active section of the forum to try and improve visibility? Or any other ideas that you might have to welcome further participation? You've been doing this a long time and definitely have a much better understanding of what would work or not work than I would, and I'll be content with whatever you decide.

Posts: 8965 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sure, I'll make a shortcut to it in the Pistols section.

Posts: 108616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir!

Posts: 8965 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Para, thanks for indulging us by linking the postal match thread in the pistols section. It doesn't seem to be driving much participation, so if want to unlink it that would be fine with us. We gave it a try.