SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Fake Warnings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fake Warnings Login/Join 
posted
Some days I can be on line only a short time before I get fake warnings that my computer is "broken" or that my antivirus subscription has expired.
Glocktalk is about as bad.
Other gunboards seldom bring up such stuff.
Any thoughts?

I am contemplating going iMac in the after Christmas sales instead of more Microsoft.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Well, first off this is the wrong place to post.
Second, you might be better off with Apple - they are great for beginners.
Lastly, what happened is you "clicked" on the wrong thing and/or have an unsecured computer.
Watch where you go, what you do, maintain your computer and do regular scans and have an AV program.
Good Luck

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you have contracted a "Browser Hijacker." It's a form of malware that causes these sort of popups.

You should get yourself MalWareBytes, CCleaner, and/or Avast and clean that crud off your machine.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post