SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    An experiment in multiple quoting...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An experiment in multiple quoting... Login/Join 
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted
With this thread I will be experimenting with multiple quoting. If this is unacceptable, please lock it ASAP!

Quote #1:
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Para:

I would like to use:

Never miss an opportunity to be Batman!

for my cut.

Quotes 2 and 3:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Am I the only member seeing frequent long delays loading SIGforum pages? It’s been happening intermittently for a couple of days.

As usual I’m using Safari on my iPhone. No problems with other sites.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This site's so fast, the pages load before you click on them.

Now to combine 2 and 3 into multi-layered quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This site's so fast, the pages load before you click on them.
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Am I the only member seeing frequent long delays loading SIGforum pages? It’s been happening intermittently for a couple of days.

As usual I’m using Safari on my iPhone. No problems with other sites.

Update: It appears that I have figured out what I was doing wrong, so thank you Para; I will not repeat my mistake again!

Posts: 4765 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
One question for Para on this subject...

Is there any way to multi-quote WITHOUT posting the initial quote first? I didn't try using multiple windows to the same thread, but I suspect that is the only way...

Posts: 4765 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

Is there any way to multi-quote WITHOUT posting the initial quote first? I didn't try using multiple windows to the same thread, but I suspect that is the only way...

If I'm doing a multi quote, I hit the quote button, select all & copy. Close post window, click quote on the next post, paste in the first quote. Rinse repeat.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
This ^^^^^ is what I do, too

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Obviously I didn't think of that, but it seems to be by far the best method! Thanks guys!!!

Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

If I'm doing a multi quote, I hit the quote button, select all & copy. Close post window, click quote on the next post, paste in the first quote. Rinse repeat.

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
This ^^^^^ is what I do, too

Just experimenting with you guys suggestion to see how it works for me.

Edit to add: And we have a winner! Thanks again!!! Now hopefully I won't cause Para any further irritation and/or stress. Lord knows he probably has enough running this place to begin with! Big Grin

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just experimenting with you guys suggestion to see how it works for me.

One cool trick I like to use if I am quote someone directly above me, is to simply ‘highlight’ the specific text that want to quote, and then click “reply”.

It will open up a window and drop only the highlighted statement into the top as a ‘quote’, without the wall of text that was part of the original quote.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12390 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

One cool trick I like to use if I am quote someone directly above me, is to simply ‘highlight’ the specific text that want to quote, and then click “reply”.

It will open up a window and drop only the highlighted statement into the top as a ‘quote’, without the wall of text that was part of the original quote.

Apparently, you have to use the Quick Reply [smaller yellow arrow] button, not Reply, at least on Brave on my Samsung.
Neat trick.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
One cool trick I like to use if I am quote someone directly above me, is to simply ‘highlight’ the specific text that want to quote, and then click “reply”.<<snip>>

Neat trick, but that doesn't help with multi-quoting. Multi-quotes still require some "trickery" and forethought to get them to work, and in the proper order! The other forums I frequent have a multi-quote feature that handles this for you... this one does not.