SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Contacting members
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contacting members Login/Join 
posted
New member here.

I posted a question on a WTS thread in the classified. Apparently the seller doesn't check back on that listing very often. He probably relies on receiving an email or PM, to notify of some interest.

I have not found any evidence that he has seen my question, nor have I received an answer. Is there another method of contact or notification available to a member with my restrictions?

I figure that I will receive some answer eventually. Just wanting to make sure I am not missing another Avenue.

Thanks, TS

Posts: 47 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: July 09, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Discussion Topic .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AKA T.S.,

Posts: 47 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: July 09, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
If you click on his handle, then public profile, you'll see an email address.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9667 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
^^^^^New members no longer can see email addresses in a profile.

Op just be patient for a response. If the seller doesnt check his listing after posting then that will get the attention of a mod.

Posts: 18013 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m usually a very patient guy. I developed Terminal Signess a couple decades ago, and it sometimes causes strong feelings of need.

Maybe someone will give the seller a nudge for me

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
I must've missed that. Do you have a cite?

What constitutes "new member?" Time-on-site? Post count? Both? Something else?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25987 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Here is Para's new rule, his 5th post down on page 5:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/6040087784/p/5

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigpond73:
Here is Para's new rule, his 5th post down on page 5:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/6040087784/p/5
Got it. Thanks

Missed it first time around, I guess.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25987 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bigpond73 I went looking and damn Para posts a lot..went through 75 pages of posting history and several 20 page threads on related topics and couldn't find it... Smile

Posts: 18013 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

When I attempt to click on any other members profile, it very clearly states that I lack permission to see that profile. In light of the scam culture, this seems like a reasonable rule.

I haven’t found any specific wording that explains the procedure or requirements for establishing my bona fides as a new member. I am still trying to work my around the cultural aspects of this forum. All in all, it seems like a gathering of like minded individuals, with high odometer readings.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The seller hasn't been seen on the forum since the date you posted your question in this sale thread. Perhaps he's incommunicado for some reason?

Mustang-PaPa is correct: Sellers are expected to keep an eye on their threads. If he doesn't follow-up soon I'll reach out and give him a poke.

posted Hide Post
quote:
The seller hasn't been seen on the forum since the date you posted your question in this sale thread. Perhaps he's incommunicado for some reason?

Mustang-PaPa is correct: Sellers are expected to keep an eye on their threads. If he doesn't follow-up soon I'll reach out and give him a poke.

Sounds good. Thanks.

I sure hope it’s just an oversight, and not something else.

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
You're welcome guys.

Not sure when members who joined after 3/22/22 will be able to view others profiles. Para will probably chime in.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigpond73:
Not sure when members who joined after 3/22/22 will be able to view others profiles.
Not anytime soon.

I'll take this opportunity to point out that the Classifieds section of this forum is provided as a courtesy to participating members.

Ask me in a year, and then we'll see. I'm sorry, that's just the way it has to be. You can continue to use Classifieds, but you'll have to find a way to work around the lack of access to profiles.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.

That didn’t work out well. At least in this specific instance.

If any member wants to act as an intermediary, and give the P245 seller a little nudge to respond, I assume that would be a work around. You can see my email, and contact me if you would want to check me out before doing so. There is at least one active member on the newly formed “classified committee” who knows me from another forum.

It may not work out, as far as my purchasing the other long time member’s Sig, but it would be a shame to not try to help him out. Evidently I am the only current member who has any interest in that specific model.

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Again just be patient and give the seller time to respond. Life sometimes gets in the way of having fun.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah TS, just take it easy man, especially with ensigmatic already offered above to reach out and "poke" him soon. Wink

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yeah TS, just take it easy man, especially with ensigmatic already offered above to reach out and "poke" him soon. Wink

Hey Q,

Good to hear from you.

Yup, I’m good. We make a couple unscheduled trips to Florida each year. Wouldn’t be the first time I came home broke.

TS

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What am I, a potted plant? TS, you'd better open your ears and start listening to me.

All of this because you want to buy something. I've already pointed out that Classifieds is for established members, which you are not. That's just the way it is. Put in the time, become an established member, and then you won't have to go through all of this involving of others.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Hint for those who don't know: Parabellum is the owner of this forum. It pays to heed what he says.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post