SIGforum
Hey, Parabellum, I might have been swindled

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/550601935/m/4620081884

January 03, 2022, 09:25 PM
LtJL
Hey, Parabellum, I might have been swindled
Do you know a guy named Robert Rink? Email is rrink900@ Gmail. He set me up to buy some magazines from a guy named Jeremy Arriaga 9Jeremy Arriaga@Gmail). He insisted on Zelle, so I sent him the money December 22.
Neither answer emails since. I don't know if he/they are Forum guys. I know I'm not using Zelle again. I have not involved the bank, because I may be simply impatient, with the holidays and all, but my uh=oh hairs are starting to tingle. Thanks. John
January 03, 2022, 09:37 PM
ensigmatic
I'm guessing you posted a WTB for mags of some type, somebody contacted you via email claiming to know somebody who had some, you hooked up with him and... Is that about right?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
January 03, 2022, 09:48 PM
Chowser
If you google Jeremy Arriaga, the first hit says he is a scammer.

Not minority enough!
January 03, 2022, 09:52 PM
parabellum
Man, you have to read the threads I post:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/6040087784

You walked right into it. Your money is gone. Don't ever let someone "set you up" to buy anything. I'm not trying to make you feel worse, but, damn, come on.

You must search on names and email addresses. People are just waiting to take your money. Question everything and believe very little.
January 03, 2022, 09:56 PM
Ronin1069
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Man, you have to read the threads I post:

From the “for what it’s worth file…”

Guys, if you view Para’s profile you can select “Notify me of new posts by … “

This was a conversation a few years ago when members were missing updates…I believe they were ‘classifieds’ related back then too.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
January 04, 2022, 07:58 AM
LtJL
well, ya win some, yo lose some
January 04, 2022, 07:04 PM
parabellum
I now my response seemed harsh. I hope you don't take it to heart.
January 05, 2022, 08:37 AM
LtJL
Nah.
January 07, 2022, 10:06 PM
911Boss
Don’t waste your time with the bank.

No refund process, Zelle is use at your own risk.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

February 02, 2022, 10:28 AM
jhe888
Zelle isn't your problem. Zelle did exactly what it promised to do.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
February 03, 2022, 05:20 AM
Legal Beagle
I suspect you got Rinkrolled.

...I'll see myself out. Frown

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.